Chapter Thirty-Four

(good evening! hope everyone is doing wellllllll, and having a good day. if not, messages are open! okay, just to clarify, enyo and raph are and always will be platonic, i just love them as a friendship, okay? so before you assume i'm indicating a ship, i promise you 100% that i am not. i am a rizzy stan til the end- *teeth chapter one coming soon!!*. HOWEVER, i do admit that enyo's love interest is introduced here. also don't come for me okay, clary doesn't exist here, this is TOTALLY different world to the one in TMI, so the plotline is completely different and yeah, if you don't know that by now then i would be VERY concerned, but ngl you seem smart so i think you know that ;)  also, before you get scared, i'm joking around- i do not have a bad attitude dw (i read a bok where the author had a horrible attitude and it ruined the whole book for me chile-) ANYWHO we also only have six chapters before we are finito, so i've got mixed feelings about that, BUT if you have made it this far, i love you with all my heart and soul, okay? you're making my day, every. single. one of you who reads this. i love you so much. sotc is meet me in the pale moonlight by lana del rey, happy reading, and so so sorry for the long intro i dont blame you if you didn't read it <3)

"So, do you like being a vampire then?" Enyo asked as her and Raphael walked down the quiet New York street. Because of her demonic essence (which was apparently stronger than Ness' who Enyo believed was the perfect little angel), she physically couldn't enter the Institute, so after a doe-eyed gaze from Izzy, Raph had immediately offered to put her up in his suite at Hotel Dumort, the abandoned hotel inhabited by the vampire population of New York. And he was sick of her already.

Well not sick of her, just sick of her questions whose answers he'd never considered.

Raph shrugged, like he was uninterested.

"I would rather be a vampire than be dead" he told her, and she narrowed her eyes.

"Huh" she replied thoughtfully. "Why not dead, if you don't mind me asking? Aside from the obvious."

"You're very blunt."

"I don't believe in beating round the bush."

Raphael was silent for a moment, considering how much he was going to tell this hell girl.

Well, if I'm going to live with her, I may as well be honest. Perhaps she'd understand.

"I'm afraid of going to hell" he admitted, clearly ashamed of his cowardice, glancing at her to try and decipher how she'd reacted. Unlike her sister, Enyo was very easy to read. And she seemed amused.  

Typical.

"It's very rude to laugh about that" said Raphael stiffly, walking ahead. Enyo quickly caught up to him and tugged at the arm of his suit.

"Hey, hey, no need to get snotty" she protested, looking at him beseechingly with her bright blue eyes. "That's not why I was laughing."

"Why were you laughing, if not at that?" he asked, arching his dark brows.

"I was laughing because you're not going to hell" she explained, shrugging her leather covered shoulders casually, as if she hadn't just dropped on Raphael the biggest bombshell of his existence.

He stopped dead in the middle of the street.

"Excuse me?" he checked, his voice shaking slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're not a bad person, are you? You just have a disease" she shrugged, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "Nobody blames you for that." 

Raph stared at her for a moment, unable to comprehend what he was hearing.

"A... disease?" he repeated, his eyes saucer wide. Enyo looked at him warily.