Chapter Thirty-Five

(hiya, sotc is out of my league, by fitz and the tantrums. happy reading <3)

"So, when did you know?" she asked, his arm around her as she laid her head on his cold chest, running her index finger in circles over his t-shirt.

"Know what?" he asked, his chest moving slightly as he laughed at her question. She swatted him and sat up on her elbows, her blonde her cascading down her back, her vest strap falling down her now suntanned shoulder. She parted her lips slightly and smiled with her eyes, too stubborn to do it properly, and he laughed at her, careful not to speak in case she threw a strop. Or something at him.

"That you were in love with me?" she smiled properly now, and he rolled his gold flecked eyes at her.

"Your ego is huge" he smirked, and she swatted him.

"Alec, have you met yourself?" she asked, her eyebrows raised, her mouth coiled into a faux-sympathetic frown, the corners tinged upwards in an effort not to laugh. He rubbed his forehead, and looked up at her, surrendering to her indigo-electric eyes.

"It was when I kissed you that first time that I knew" he admitted, a smile warming his usually cold face. She smirked and patted his tousled hair condescendingly.

"It took me ages to admit it to myself" she teased. "You're just so embarrassing." 

He rolled his eyes and kissed her, hesitantly at first. He wasn't used to the sensation of her, or the rush of blood to his brain that left him dizzy. She smiled and moved her hand to his face, running her thumb over his cold cheek, and the kiss suddenly became hot, passionate, desperate, and Ness inhaled sharply, running her hand through his soft, unruly hair. He smirked and moved from her lips to her neck, his breath cold on her skin. She closed her eyes and sighed softly, her chest hitching a little, as she felt his lips on her. Every time he touched her, whether it be a brush of the hand, or a peck on her lips, or ever this, she melted. She was all his.

She'd only ever be his.

And she'd only ever want to be.

She pulled away from his embrace and he looked at her, eyebrow raised, and a little hurt. She smiled, and looked at him for a moment, drinking him in- the faintly suntanned skin, the dark, slightly arched brows framing brown, gold flecked eyes, in which the expression was serious, light violet shadows beneath them, the straight, strong nose, the pursed, serious lips, the sharp, chiselled jawline and the straight, long neck, with black swirling runes creeping up around it like a vine. Her Alec, the boy that she loved, and would always love, as long as she lived.

"I love you" she said softly. "You drive me insane, and we'll probably have a huge fight later, but I love you, okay? And I always will."

"I love you too" he declared, with utmost certainty. "You're only the girl I'll ever love. Ever. As long as I live and breathe, and even when I die, it'll be you. Okay?"

She smiled and leaned in to kiss him again, but before she could, the alarm began to blare, and the room flashed red.

(hi, just so yk, i love you. sots is as the world caves in, by matt maltese. um...happy reading? ig x)

They sprang apart, and Alec grabbed his bow, and handed Ness the seraph blade, though he knew her hellfire would do just fine. They ran to the foyer of the Institute, where Izzy stood, whip at the ready.

"You set it off?" Alec asked, breathless, but Izzy shook her head.

"No, Enyo called" she explained. "Lucifer's here, and he's planning to kill Ness."