Chapter 7

Rick's P.O.V.

I was thinking as hard I could trying to think logically about the current situation, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to go create a battle that would get people killed but I guess I might have too.

"So Rick, what are we gonna do?" Carly asked.

I sighed. "Looks like we will have to go to war, but here's the plan. T you are going to be on the roof, with a sniper rifle. Carly, you are going to have to try and talk them into things. Daryl and I will have your back." I said.

"Your gonna fight? They out number you, If we go into this we might not come back. Just hand over some of the guns!" Miguel said. I just shook my head in disagreement.

"Alright! Let's move out!"

Carly's P.O.V.

Here we were again! In the same place. T-dog was on the roof, and here I am leading,.

The familiar gates opened, and out came the same faces.

"I see you have my guns,but they aren't all there!" Guillermo said.

"They weren't yours in the first place. You said to come locked and loaded. We're here!" Rick said.

"Why don't we think this through?" I asked."Why don't we try our best to have a calm discussion? To work something out... We don't need a war!" I said.

"No. I am gonna take your man and feed him to my dogs, the ones I bought from Satan." Guillermo said.

"Please!" I begged. "No there is need for this stuff."

No one seemed to listen to me. They looked at me like I had two heads. Hell Rick even asked me to do this. Just then a little old lady walked out of the garage, and was saying something about a man.

They told her to go inside or something like that. "Hey! Get that ol' lady outta the line of fire!" Daryl yelled. The old lady went to Rick.

"Officer, please don't arrest Felipe, he has his hard moments but he is a good boy..." She said.

"I'm not here to arrest your son ma'am. He is here to help us. Find a missing person. Someone named Glenn." Rick answered.

"The Koran man? Si si.. He is with Mr. Giblet. Come come!" She said. She started to lead us inside where we found a crowd surrounding an old man.

"What happened here?" I asked.

"Asthma attack." Glenn said.

"Man! We thought you were being eaten alive by dogs.." T-dog said.

"You mean them?" Glenn said pointing to little chihuahua puppies. I just smiled at them as they were cuddled in the little bed, looking very cute.

"Can I talk to you please?" Rick said to Guillermo. I followed after them.

"What is this?" Rick asked.

"We brought people in." Guillermo said.

"It's the same as it ever was. The weak get taken. So we do what we can here. The Vatos work on those cars, talk about getting the old people out of the city. But most can't even get to the bathroom by themselves, still, it keeps the crew busy, and that's worth something. So we barred all the windows, welded all the doors shut except for one entrance. The Vatos, they go out, scavenge what they can to keep us going. We watch the perimeter night and day and we wait. The people here, they all look to me now. I don't even know why."

"Because they can." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"They look up to you because they can. They look to you because you are able to think fast. You are sane. You take care of them. You didn't desert them. You helped them. People would think that because they are old they shouldn't be brought in, that they shouldn't had to fight for their lives anymore. Which is bullshit. They look to you because you see some good in the world. You show them that you care. You didn't leave them. You are bringing them with you. You are concerned about them, not just yourself. They look up to you because you are a good leader. Showing leadership to all. You earned this. You shouldn't doubt any of this. You are a good man. You are a leader. They look for that in people. You are their idol. That is why they look up towards you among everyone else." I said.

Guillermo looked at me with shock. I don't even know where all that came from. He slowly nodded his head as Rick started to give them some guns and ammo. They needed it more than we did.

Finally we were on our way home. We just had to get to the van. I walked beside Glenn.

"Thanks for coming back for me." He said.

"No problem. We wouldn't desert you." I replied giving him a pat on the shoulder.

"I can't believe ye gave 'em half our guns 'nd ammo. They won't live dat much longer." I heard Daryl grunt from behind me. I turned around to face him.

"Maybe because we can't just leave them there, because they still deserve the chance to live. I think you would've liked it if I gave you guns when you needed them the most..." I said.

"Naw because I'm able to live off of whatever I can find." Daryl said.

"So can I, but when life gives you lemons you make lemonade." I said I heard him scoff.

"It means that when you have an opportunity to make life better, you show people who you are. You take the lemons as opportunities and the lemonade is what you accomplish." I said turning around leaving Daryl with a shock face. I saw Glenn smirk.

"Um... Where the van?" I heard T-dog say.

"We left it right there. Who could've taken it?" Glenn said.

"Merle!" Rick said blankly.

"He's probably heading back to the camp." Daryl said.

"So what are we waiting for, at this rate we would get back there by night fall. Come on!" I yelled walking towards the camp.

If Merle is there, that camp better be prepared. Who knows what the hell Merle is gonna do.