Chapter 12

HEY GUYS! A QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE. WHATEVER SONGS I WROTE IN THE BOOK, ARE NOT MINE. I USE SONGS FROM DIFFERENT ARTISTS AND I USE THEM AS IF CARLY WROTE THEM.
~CHIARA

Daryl's P.O.V.

After my shower I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. I saw Carly on the bed, with a drawing book and a pencil.

"What are ya doin'?" I asked.

"Drawing." She answered.

"Where'd ye get da book?" I asked curious.

"My bag. Had it with me all along." She answered. I nodded and sat next to her on the bed.

"What are ya drawing?" I asked, sitting so our arms were touching. This shot of energy just ran through my body, once the contact was made.

"Just a heart." She said. "With a rose through it."

"Why?" I asked. Usually drawings have meanings. And when I saw things like that, there was an arrow through it.

"The heart means that I love something or someone. Usually people put an arrow through it, but me? I get creative. I used a rose, because I have always like white roses. The heart and an arrow mean that I have love sickness. It is like I am bewitched. A rose to me symbolises that I have fallen for someone who is secretly a gentleman. The end of the rose is pointy with thorns. To me it means that although I have been hurt, I still have the power to love." She said.

She was creative and I found that cool. She takes it too her own view. I take the book, and start to look at the other pictures she has drawn. She had things like people, and animals. She had an eye, that looks so real, but like it has been crying. The darkness of the blue eye and the scar around it, the inside looks scared, terrified, like it has been hurt. Carly put her hand on the book. I then remembered that her eye turns to the darker blue when she is upset. And the scar above her right eye. I looked at her. She had the same eyes. The hurt, pain, and terrified look. I moved some of her hair that covered her right eye away, and saw the exact same scar. She had drawn hers.

I put my hand over hers and stared into the deep blue orbs of her eyes.

Carly's P.O.V.

Daryl seen the picture of my eye. And one of the many scars I have. He put his hand over mine and is just staring at me. I looked in his and saw nothing but sympathy. I let out a slow breath and breathe in again. My heart was beating faster. He slowly started to lean in, and I couldn't get my head around everything. His lips were soon close to mine. I was about to lean in, but then thought he was probably drunk, and my first kiss would've been a waste. I regretfully moved a bit back and put my head down.

"Sorry... I just..." I started.

"It's okay. I am sober, I won't hurt you." Daryl said as he put my head up with a finger under my chin, and our lips were touching, but we were yet to be kissing. My heart was beating uncontrollably fast, and I couldn't believe what was happening. It seemed that both of us are too nervous to push them together.

There was a knock on the door, and Daryl and I jumped back. Daryl growled.

"Come in..." I said. The door opened and in came Carol.

"Hey... We are having a celebration in the Rec room. You both should come." She said. I nodded and thanked her as she left.

I looked at Daryl and he looked back at me. I kissed his cheek and got up.

"Come on, we have a party to attend." I said as I held out my hand. He put his hand in mine and I brought him up. He had his hand on the small of my back, as we walked to the Rec room. He took his hand back before we got inside with the music blaring and everything. I walk in and I am taken to the dance floor. It was Rick. He made me dance, then spun me around to Glenn, then I ended up at T-dog. After T-dog, I was tired and I went to sit down. I saw a guitar... I got up and looked at it.