Chapter 18

Carly's P.O.V.

I was stuck in this room for what seemed like forever, but really was only three days. I wasn't allowed to get up, and if I did Daryl would yell at me. He said that I should be calling him and that he has to be helping me. I understand he cares about me and don't get me wrong, I'm happy he does, but I need to start doing somethings on my own. I just have to convince Hershel that I am strong enough to go outside for a little. I'm going to kill myself in here.

"Hershel please. I feel useless inside, at least let me go out and communicate." I said.

"Carly. Sweetie, I know that you don't like the idea of staying in bed, but until the wound heals well enough that I could take the stitches out, you need to stay still. You can't be going out there and ripping them." Hershel said.

"I'll be really careful. I promise." I said.

"I don't know."

"Hershel. I am tired of staying in here. I'm in my bra, in bed. This doesn't feel like me. I have never stayed in a bed longer than 8 hours before and that happened about a week ago. I need to get up. I'm gonna kill myself from the insanity that is coming towards me."I said.

Hershel looked at me, then the window, then back at me. He slowly nodded his head and helped me up. He handed me a clean shirt, that looked to be from my bag. After tugging the shirt over my small figure, I made my way out the door, and through the living room. I opened the front door, and walked out onto the porch. The sun felt so nice on my pale skin.

"Look who is up." Rick said.

"Yeah and about time. I was about to kill the next person that walked into the room. I'm lucky that it was Hershel. I can't hurt the innocent." I said. Rick started laughing.

"You got shot, but you still can joke and laugh like it was nothing." He said.

"Looks like we both got shot." I said laughing. Rick looked at me confused.

"Lori told me." I said filling in the confused former cop. He just nodded and put his hat on my head.

"Looks like you're in the group, so you get to wear the hat." He said. Carl ran up to us now.

"Carly, you're okay!" He exclaimed.

"Hey youngster, I am just fine." I said, putting the hat Rick gave me on Carl's head.

"It looks better on you then it ever will on me." I said.

Rick, Carl and I stood on the porch talking to one another for a while longer before I took a look out to the group. Everyone was doing their chores, washing dishes or laundry. Dale stood on top of the RV keeping watch, as if something can ruin this beautiful place. My eyes searched the group, hoping to see those Georgian blues, but sadly came up with nothing. My eyes scanned the lining of the forest, only to see a figure walking.

The figure was stood up to straight to be a walker, leaving the answer to be human. I took a closer look at the person only to see it's left arms folding upward and holding something tightly in his hands. As the figure got closer, I was able to make out the crossbow, and the shaggy brown hair that belonged to the hunter I most admired. Rick followed my gaze to see what has caught my sudden attention.

"Looks like Daryl is back." He was starting to go a little crazy, always complaining when Hershel said that you weren't well enough to get out of bed and all. We kept giving him jobs to keep his head off of everything. He just wanted to go back into that bedroom, and stay by your side the entire time. Rick said looking at Daryl. I nodded my head taking everything in. Daryl lifted his head and his beautiful Georgian blue eyes locked with mine.