Chapter 33

Carly's P.O.V.

We headed to a small camp site, it was surrounded by rocks. That was good because at least the wind wouldn't be as strong or cold. It was still pretty cold out, and winter was arriving faster then we thought. Carl still had my jacket and Rick kept offering his but I am still declining his offer.

Daryl dropped his leather jacket on me. I tried to shake it off and hand it back but he wouldn't take it.

"You are going to freeze." I said. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"I rather freeze to death, and have ya warm. Not da other way around." He said. I nodded my head a put my arms through the sleeves and rested my head against his chest. His arms wrapped around me, while he rubbed my arms creating more heat.

"We aren't safe with him. Hiding something like that from us." Carol said.

"What do ya want?" Daryl rudely asked.

"A man with honour." She replied. Anger got to me and I can't believe she was saying this.

"Rick's done alright by me." Daryl said. He squeezed me arm a little knowing that it bothered me.

A shuffle in the bushes scared everyone shitless. Daryl grabbed his crossbow, slowly pushing off and got up.

"What was that?" Glenn asked.

"Coulda been anythin' a raccoon, a possum..." Daryl started.

"A walker?" Beth asked.

"What do we do?" Lori asked.

"Do something!" Carol exclaimed.

"I am doing something. I am keeping everyone together and safe. I killed my best friend for all of you. You saw how he pushed me. This world changed him. If you think you can do better on your own, be my guest and go. We will see how long you last." Rick said.

I took a glance around the group. No one stood up. Not even Carol.

"No takers? Good. We let me tell you this. If you are staying, this isn't a democracy anymore." He added.

A smile was set on everyone's face. People started to let loose a little after Rick's speech.

I laid my head on Daryl's chest once again as my arms were now wrapped around his neck. His remained around my waist.

"Ya okay?" Daryl asked. I nodded my head staring into the fire.

"Are you?" I asked. He nodded his as well. I let out a yawn.

"Ya should get some sleep." Daryl said.

"Only if you come too." I remarked. I felt Daryl get up and he bridal styled carried me to a corner. He laid on the floor, and when I went to lay down, he made sure that most of my body as on him, not the ground.

I listened to his calm heartbeat excel as my eyes fluttered close and I fell into a sweet dream.

I woke in something soft. When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was no longer on the cold ground, or in the cold wind. I was in a bed.

The room I was in had my pictures those that were blurry. But one picture stood out the most. It was a picture of me dressed all in white, and Daryl in a tux. I looked at my finger to notice a ring on my marriage one.

"Good morning babe." Daryl said. I looked at him and he no longer had the bags under his eyes. He came up to me and gave me a sweet long kiss.

"Good morning."

"I brought you two breakfast." Daryl said. I looked at him confused. What did he mean two? It was only me.

I felt a pinch in my stomach and when I looked down, I was huge. I rested a hand on my stomach and Daryl smiled.

"Did mini-Dixon kick?" Daryl questioned. I realized what was going on now. I nodded happily.

"Maybe he is telling mommy that he is hungry." Daryl laughed.

"It's a she." I stated confidently.

"We will see." Daryl said.

A smile came to my face as I looked around at the happy family. My happy family.