Chapter 16

Carly's P.O.V.

Now it is daylight and Rick is giving us all silent weapons.

"This isn't what we need. We need guns." Andrea said.

"We just went over this..." Shane pointed out.

"Whatever." She said. She then started to get into a fight with Dale about her gun.

"Andrea, I'm begging you. Don't put me in this position." Dale said.

"I'm not going out there without my gun. I'll even say please." Andrea replied.

"I'm doing this for you." Dale said.

"No, Dale, you're doing it for you. You need to stop. What do you think is gonna happen? I'm gonna stick it in my mouth and pull the trigger the moment you hand it to me?" Andrea questioned.

"I know you're angry at me. That much is clear but if I hadn't done what I did, you'd be dead now." Dale answered.

"Jenner gave us an option. I chose to stay." Andrea said bringing back the memory.

"You chose suicide." Dale said trying to reason.

"So, what's that to you? You barely know me." Andrea said to the man that had cared for her.

"I know Amy's death devastated you." Dale said pointing the obvious.

"Keep her out of this. This is not about Amy. This is about us and if I decided I had nothing left to live for, who the hell are you to tell me otherwise? To force my hand like that?" Andrea said.

"I saved your life." Dale said.

"No, Dale. I saved yours. You forced that on me. I didn't want your blood on my hands and that is the only reason I left that building. What did you expect? What, I'd have some kind of epiphany? Some life-affirming catharsis?" Andrea said with anger. We were all watching now.

"Maybe just a little gratitude." Dale said.

"Gratitude? I wanted to die my way, not torn apart by drooling freaks. That was my choice! You took that away from me, Dale!" She said getting angrier.

"But..." Dale said, but was soon cut off from Andrea again.

"But you know better? All I wanted after my sister died was to get out of this endless horrific nightmare we live every day. I wasn't hurting anyone else. You took my choice away Dale and you expect gratitude?" Andrea said.

"I don't know what to say." Dale said looking down.

"I'm not your little girl. I'm not your wife and I am sure as hell not your problem. That's all there is to say." Andrea said walking away.

I turned around and walked in the woods with Daryl by my side.

We are walking in the woods. Daryl and I are leading because we can track. We were slowing down when we heard church bells.

"That could be Sophia!" Carol yelled.

"Or someone is signalling that they found her..." Lori said.

"Or she is doing it herself!" Rick yelled running. We followed behind Rick.

"Which way?"  Shane asked.

"This way... I'm pretty sure." Rick said. Soon enough a church came into view.

"Rick there is no bell. That can't be right." Shane yelled. No one listened. We all ran across the little cemetery to the church. Rick slowly opened the door and there were three walkers. Daryl handed me his crossbow and took a hatchet from me. Rick, Shane and him took the three down easy.