Chapter 27

Carly's P.O.V.

The words Carol said rang through my head. I was my fault. My fault.

It's your fault! I heard a familiar voice say in my head.

You can't do anything right! Another said. I tried my best to keep these words out of my head but nothing was working. They were all coming back.

Flashback!

The pain... That was all I could think about. The way the cold blade of that knife cut through my skin. The blood rushing down my back and my arms. The scars that they created were the memory.

"It's all your fault!" My father yelled at me. "It's all your fault I lost my job..." He added. He punched me and I felt the blood running down from my nose and the blood filling my mouth.

"Now you are going to pay for it!" He yelled louder. He started to unbutton my shirt, I wanted to stop him but I had no strength.

"Stop. Please..." I plead. He didn't stop, my shirt was already off my body and he hand a lighter in his hand. He lit the lighter and left it like that for the metal to heat up. I tried to get lose but he held me tightly.

"Stop moving!" He yelled. My screams filled the air as he pressed the lighter against my body.

We heard the door open and slam shut and my mother walked into the room as well.

"I'm telling you, we should've just killed her when we had the chance too." My father said. My mother nodded in agreement.

"Well we can't know because it is considered murder. Even to someone who deserves it. But hey... We get to make her life a living hell, just like she did to us." My mother answered. My father pulled me to the ground and dragged me up the stairs.

He opened a door to a room where they kept me when I was bad. He threw me against the wall and chained my arms together and threw me on the floor. He left the room.

"You are worthless, useless, a piece of shit. We wanted you dead. It is your fault that everything in life is happening. It is always going to be your fault whether you are there or not. If someone dies it is your fault. Someone commits suicide, it is your fault. Someone loses their job, it is your fault. Why can't you just die already so you won't cause anymore problems in the world." My mother yelled at me. Every word she said got louder and louder as she spoke.

With that they left the room and kept me in there for 5 days with no food or water.

End of flashback

"Carly?" I heard someone say. I snapped out of my trance to see that Daryl was right in front of me.

"It's all my fault." I said, I looked up to meet his eyes and he just stared at me.

"It's my fault she is dead. It's my fault that she ran. It's my fault that the little girl that was full of life is now dead. It's all my fault Daryl.... And don't tell me it isn't. Everything that happens in this world is my fault whether or not I am there. This whole world is a piece of shit because of my worthless, stupid, ugly, fucking ass. It's all--" I yelled at him.

I was pushing him away from me. Tears running down my face and his face tightened as I did. I was cut off by the feeling of Daryl's lips on mine. When he pulled away, I looked right into his eyes.

"Ya ain't worthless. Ye priceless. Ye are something ta me, Carl, Rick, Lori... All of us. Ya ain't whatever those assholes dat were claimed ye parents said. It ain't ye's fault that Sophia is dead. It ain't. I love Ya..." Daryl said.

I looked up at Daryl after he said the three words. I looked at him long and hard to see any signs that he is lying tome. Just to make me feel better. I couldn't find any, and a smile started to grow on my face. Daryl's usual smirk grew bigger as both ends curled up into a smile. I put one hand on the back of his neck, and the other on the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer to me until our lips met. The moment ended to quick for my liking as Daryl pulled back and wiped my tear stained cheeks.

"I love you too Daryl." I said as quiet as a whisper, but I knew Daryl heard me.