Chapter 26

Carly's P.O.V.

Daryl and I have been talking all afternoon. We were just talking and laughing at some of our old memories.

"Ya threw a chair at 'er?" Daryl asked me. I nodded my head, not being able to get the words out with all the laughter.

"Why?" He asked. I slowly started to get my laughter out of the way and looked into the blue eyes of Daryl Dixon.

"I came in late to class, and she started to yell at me. So in Italian, I told her off and she threatened to call my father. I threw the chair at her and went to the principle's office. I got a two week suspension but just stayed out of the house, to avoid my parents." I said.

"Ya were worse than I was." He said. Tears were rolling down my face from all the laughter. Daryl wiped the tears that were running down my cheek and looked at me.

"I wanna show ya somethin'" he said. I nodded my head and pulled on my boots. Daryl gave me a quick kiss and brought me out of the tent. He entangled our fingers and brought me to the woods. I was confused at first, but then there was a little clearing with a lake.

Daryl brought me over to an area with long and tall grass, there stood beautiful Cherokee roses like the one that Daryl had given me.

"It's beautiful... There are so many." I said. I walked a little more to them and Daryl looked at me.

"I think she is still alive." He said. I nodded my head and grabbed a flower. I handed it to Daryl.

"I think Merle is still alive too. He is one tough son of a bitch." I said. Daryl had a smirk on his lips, and nodded his head. He leaned down and laid a gentle kiss on my lips. When we pulled away, Daryl broke the long stem of the flower and then stuck it in my hair. I looked at him weird, but he shrugged his shoulders and we went back to admiring the view. Daryl took my hand and I looked up.

"I think we should get going." He said. I nodded my head, and followed him to the camp.

Glenn's P.O.V.

I sat there on top of the RV keeping watch. I looked around a little and noticed that Maggie was walking. I had to make this right with her.

"Maggie!" I yelled. She just ignored me. I got down from the RV and jogged to her. "Just talk to me about it.." I added once I was beside her.

"We talked about it, I told Daddy I was fine. I asked you, I told you to do one thing. One thing I asked you!" she said angrily.

"I had to do it," I said.

"My Daddy is going to kick you guys out, and he told me." She yelled.

"Hey... Rick is going to work something out with your dad, I had to tell them." I said.

"You did not!" She yelled more angry now.

"Yes I did." I said grabbing her arm and making her stop. I took the basket away from her and put it down on the ground trying to talk to her.

"I wanted too... I forgot, I forgot, or maybe I just stop thinking about it. Or maybe I didn't want to think about it. I let them lower me into that well like it was fun, like I was playing a video game. Then in the pharmacy yesterday, I realized something, I forgot that they are dangerous. I don't care if they are sick people or dead people, their dangerous. And I realized something else, that I don't want you in danger... EVER! So I hate to blow your dad's big secret but I'm sick of secrets. Secrets get you killed. I rather have you pissed off at me and alive, then like me and dead. So that is why I told them." I said.

I started to walk away from Maggie, after the little speech that I had just made, I had just admitted my feelings to her.

"Hey walker bait." Maggie called out. I turned around and looked at her.