Chapter 38

Carly's P.O.V.

"Who are you?" One questioned. I stayed quiet as the screams of Maggie and Rick came back to hearing.

"We need to get out of here!" Rick yelled. The fact that we needed to get him out and to the others for care kept me from questioning these mysterious people.

"Carly! Daryl! Let's go!" Rick yelled. Daryl pushed me ahead of him and we started to run.

I heard footsteps behind us, more then there was before and I knew they were coming.

"Daryl, their following." I said.

"Don't worry 'bout it now. After." He said. I nodded my head and continued to run. We made it back to the cell block and began to yell as Carl opened the door. He locked it while Daryl and I stayed in the next room.

The prisoners filled the room slowly. They looked between both Daryl and I as they walked.

"That's far enough." I said. They stopped their movement.

"Block C, that's my block." A man with long curly hair said.

"I don't care. You have been pardoned by the state of Georgia. Y'all are free to go." I announced.

"Not until I get my things." The man said again.

"Hey. He said we were free to go, why are we still here?" The biggest man said.

"He's got a point there." Daryl said. Everyone was arguing.

We were letting the prisoners in the block and there was no way in hell, they were going to be communicating with them either.

"How many of you are in there?" The guy asked. Once again the curly haired. I was assuming he is the leader.

"To many for you to handle." Rick said.

"I'm going back to check on Hershel." I said. I looked at the prisoners one last time seeing the guy looking at me again.

"Take a picture it lasts longer you perv." I stated with a glare. Daryl stepped in front of me.

"Hey, we haven't seen a lady in a long time. Just wanted to look." He shot back.

"You won't be looking at her any more. I will put an arrow through Ye head." Daryl said as I started to walk back.

I walked into the cell with Hershel to see that Lori was giving him mouth to mouth. His arm flew over her head and everyone began to panic. His arm fell limp and Lori came back breathing heavy.

She looked at his chest to see that his chest was rising and falling which gave us all a sign of relief.

I was helping everyone around for a bit when Daryl, Rick and T came back inside. Daryl ran up the stairs to the perch.

"Three dead, two remain." He said. I nodded my head.

"Which?" I questioned hoping it wasn't the asshole of the leader.

"Tomas, andrew, and Big Tiny are dead. Axel and Oscar remain." He answered.

Tomorrow was another day. Tomorrow is going to be hard, we have to clear the bodies, burn them, clean the tombs.

"What is going on in that little head of yours?" Daryl asked.

"Just thinking."

"'Bout?"

I sighed. "Tomorrow, the day after that... The future." I admitted softly.

Daryl kissed my lips as he laid me down on his chest. "Don't focus on the future, focus on the present. Now, me, you, Us." Daryl said. I nodded my head nodding again.

" I love you."

"I love Ye too." Daryl said as she put her face in the croak of his neck.

So sorry it took forever to update! I am wondering if any of you are good at editing. If you are, please message me, I need a few edits!