Chapter 25

Daryl's P.O.V.

I can't believe that he hit her. I wanted to throw my fist into his face. I could see that Carly was happy with her choice of reaction, and I am not going to lie, I was happy too. I brought Carly into the tent, and she sat down on the cot.

"Are you okay? I asked.

"Yeah. Just scared that the farm isn't that safe anymore." she said.

"Hey... No matter what happens, I am going to protect you. Nothing is going to hurt you." I said.

"I know." She said. I could tell that there was something else on her mind.

"What's on your mind babe?" I said. She looked at me and sighed.

"It's just that, when we came out with our relationship Carol gave me a look, like she was disguisted in me or something." She said.

"Don't listen to her. She is probably just jealous because I chose you over her, but I don't care because there was never going to be a competition. My answer was going to be you, and be only you." I said. I wasn't lying, but I wanted her to understand that there was no doubt in my life that I wouldn't choose her. She looked at me straight in the eyes, and I could tell that she was looking for any sign that was telling her I was lying. She smiled a little which meant that she believed me.

"Now... I am starving, so what about we going see what everyone is cooking up?" I asked her. She nodded her head with a huge grin and I knew that she was hungry too.

Glenn's P.O.V.

I knew that Maggie was mad at me and I had to try and make things right. I couldn't have her mad at me anymore. I looked around the farm for her, but she wasn't in her house, and she wasn't around the others. Then I noticed that she was in the chicken coop. I walked over there and saw her look at me but she just gave me a mad expression and turned away.

"Maggie, just talk to me." I pleaded. She just turned around and walked out of the coop slamming the door. I walked around to see her, but she just walked angrily.

"Hey...Maggie!" I said. She turned around to look at me, and I thought that it was the chance to tell her I was sorry. She walked up to me.

"Give me your hat.." She said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You said to talk to you, and now I'm talking to you, give me your hat." She said. I took the hat off my head and handed it to her. She took an egg and dropped it into my hat, and put it back on my head. I felt the egg break, and it started to run down my face.

"Why would you waist an egg like that?" I asked. I saw the smile on her face, and she turned around.

"I think it was rotten." she said. I watched her leave and I knew that there was no way in hell that she was forgiving me anytime soon.

Daryl's P.O.V.

I walked into the stable once again, staddling up a horse.

"You can't." Carol said from behind me.

"So what?" I asked.

"Hershel said you need to heal." She said back.

"Yeah... Don't care." I said.

"Well I do. Rick's going out later to follow the trail." She said as I got the horse ready.

"Yeah. I'm horsing it up for nothing." I said with sarcasm.

"No, you're gonna go out there and get yourself hurt even more." she said. "We don't know if were going to find her Daryl. We don't, I don't." she said. This pissed my off, this was her little girl, and she was just going to give up on her like that. I turned to face her. Anger growing in me through the second.

"What?" I asked.

"I can't lose you too." she said with tears rolling down her face.

I walked up to her and dropped the halter down on the table behind her, and walked away to the horse. I walked to the side, taking a glance at her. Anger grew more and iI couldn't take it. I threw the stand with the saddle but felt a pain in my side, that took away most of the energy that I had. Carol ran up to me.

"You alright?" she asked. How can I be alright after what you just said.

"Just leave me be!" I yelled at her. "Stupid bitch." I said under my breath and just left her there.

Rick's P.O.V.

I had to talk to Hershel, I needed to make this right. I knocked on the front door.

"Come on in!" I heard him say. I opened the door and walked in, I made my way to the dining room and saw him eating and reading his bible.

"A little light reading for lunch." I said.

"Been working so hard lately that I try to fit my studying where I can." he said.

"We could help you with that, if you were..." I said but was cut off.

"It is my field to ten" he said. He went back to eating.

"We found the barn." I said.

"Leave it be." Hershel said.

"Well, I would like to talk about it, but either way your farm, your barn, your say." I said. Hershel raised his head.

"I don't want to talk about the barn, I don't want a debate." He said.

"Not a debate, a discussion." I tried to reason.

Hershel turned to look at me. He wiped his mouth with the napkin. When he put his napkin down, he looked at me.

"I need you and your people gone by the end of the week." He said as he then took a sip of his drink.

"I talked to Dale... You and I have our differences. The way we look at the walkers. But those... people, they may be dead, they may be alive. But my people, us, we are alive, right now, right here, right in front of you. You send us out there and that could change." I said trying to reason with him as calmly as I could. This man was stubborn and I knew I had to work harder.

"I've given you safe harbour. My conscience is clear." he adverted his eyes back to his lunch. This wasn't working, but I knew I couldn't just give up. I had to try and make him allow us to stay. For everyone, for my family, for my pregnant wife, and my son. I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"This.. This farm.. This farm is special. You've been shielded form what is going on out there. Dale said that you saw everything that has been happening on the news. But listen to me, it has been a long time since the camera stopped rolling." I said. Hershel looked like he had enough and he quickly got up with his things, starting to leave the room. I acted fast.

"The first time I saw a walker, it was just half a body snapping at me from the ground. My exclamation wasn't to kill it. But what the world is out there is so exotic, but what you saw on t.v. it was much different. Things changed out there. Everything has changed. You are either one of them, or you are much less of who you once were. Please do not... Do not send us out there again." I said with him, trying to see if I can try and make him feel how vulnerable we are out there. Hershel didn't say a word. I was going to leave, but something came into my mind, that might change his.

"My wife is pregnant." I said. I saw stiffen a bit. He turned around to look at me. "It is either a gift here, or a death sentence out there. If we were to stay, we could help you, we can help secure this place. Survive together." I said.

"Rick.." Hershel cut me off. "I'm telling you we can't."

"Think about what you are doing." I said.

"I thought about it.." He says calmly.

"Think..." I try to say but was cut off.

"I thought about it!" Hershel yells angrily.

"Think about it again. We can't go out there."  I said, slowly losing my temper. I walked out of the kitchen and was making my way out. I walked past Maggie and gave her a nod. This man was planning on killing us.