Chapter 17

Daryl's P.O.V.

The girls, Glenn and I are walking around trying to find Sophia.

"Are you still worried?" Glenn asked Lori.

"Yeah. It was a gun shot. But why just one?" Lori said.

"They probably just took down a Walker." I said.

"Don't try to fool me. We all know Rick wouldn't risk one gunshot for a Walker. He would take it down more quiet." Lori said.

Now everyone is getting into a fuss about a stupid gun and how they should trust Rick.

"We should head back now. It's gettin' dark." I said.

We started to head back but then head Andrea scream. We all ran to her but before we got to her there was this girl on a horse.

"Daryl? Is anyone of you Daryl Dixon?" She asked.

"Yeah... Why?" I asked.

"Rick sent me. Carly has been shot, she needs blood and you are apparently the only one with o negative blood. We need you" She says. Rick sent her. Carly has been shot.

"Rick said you had others on the highway." She said. Glenn nodded.

"Head back 2 miles down there were are there's a mail box, the names Greene!" She yelled as we started to head back to where Carly is.

I started to run. We were running for a bit. My heart was pounding and my chest was aching. I didn't know what was going on. A farm comes into view; Rick and this old man are on the porch.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled.

"Where is she? Is she okay? What the fuck happened?" I asked.

"Slow down. She is in the house, she will be okay... And she was shot. I will explain inside when we get her blood. Come on." He said.

I got into the house and I was brought into a room. There she was, lying on the bed with blood everywhere. My chest felt heavy and my heart was pounding. So hard and fast, I thought it was gonna pop out or I would have a heart attack.

"Patricia come here, I need blood." This man said.

This lady comes in the room, and she starts to insert the needle.

"My name is Hershel. You must be Daryl." The man said I nodded.

"Okay. Let's start." He said as he started to take out 1 of the 6 fragments that are in her, Carly woke up and started to scream.

"Rick holds her down." Hershel said. Rick did as he was told and held Carly down. She kept screaming in pain.

"Stop! Your hurting her!" I yelled.

"We need to do this! He yelled.

After what seems like forever, Carly passed out.

Shane and the man that shot Carly, whose name is Otis are going to get a respirator to finish the surgery. I sat beside Carly and held her hand. There was a knock on the door.

"I brought you some food, keep your strength up, you know for when we need more blood for your girlfriend." I turned to look at the girl standing beside me with a plate of food.

"She isn't my girlfriend..." I said.

"Oh... I'm sorry; I thought see was because the way Rick said how you would react and the look on your face when you saw her." She said embarrassed.

"It's alright. I am fine with it." I said. I took the food and then began to eat; I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Her skin was pale and she was in her bra. She had scars all over her body, on her stomach and her arms. She slowly started to wake up.