Chapter 20

**triggering topics!!!**

Carly's P.O.V

I'm inside the room with Daryl on the bed. Hershel wrapped Daryl head and Daryl woke up.

"Hey..." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Well I don't know everything. But I know that you were mistaken as a Walker and Andrea shot you even though she was told not to. She grazed you and you just hit the ground. I thought you were dead and I threaten Andrea, that if you were dead she best be praying that she killed me too, or me instead of you... And now we are here where you just woke up..." I said. Daryl's eyes widen.

"Ya threaten Andrea, because ya though I was dead?" He asked. I nodded.

"Why? I'm just a redneck piece of trash..." Daryl said. I put my hand on his cheek and he looked at me.

"You're not a redneck, piece of trash. You are a sweet, kind, caring guy, who to be honest I really care about. Rick told me that when I was out and Hershel refused to take more blood from you after you gave me two transfusions, you yelled at him that you needed me." I said. Daryl's eyes and went soft. He then leaned his head into my touch and I smiled.

"Just so you know. I need you too." I said. Daryl was about to say something but was soon cut off by the door. Hershel came in and smiled like always.

"Good to see that you are awake now. Is it okay if I stitch up your side now?" Hershel asked sweetly.

"Yeah..." Daryl said. I got up, and was about to leave. Daryl then grabbed my wrist.

"Ya can stay." Daryl said. I nodded and sat back down. Hershel stitched up the wound in his stomach.

"Daryl can you turn on your side. So I can stitch up the back?" Hershel asked. Daryl hesitated before nodding and turning on his side. When he turned you saw his back. His back was full of scars. Just like mine...

Hershel froze. He looked at me and then back to Daryl's back. I couldn't help but look anywhere else but his back. Hershel stitched up his wound and left. Before he left he turned to me and Daryl.

"I'm sorry. To the both of you..." Hershel said. I stiffened. He knew about my scars? I turned to Daryl who looked the same. Hershel then left. I turned to Daryl and sat on the bed. I held my head in my hands.

"Your stomach and shoulders Is there any more places?" Daryl asked. I slowly nodded. I then slowly took off my shirt and was left in my bra. I turned so my back was to Daryl. I am showing him the rest of my scars. Daryl sat up.

"What's this one?" He asked me. I looked at the mirror and saw which scar he was pointing at.

"Rope" I said.

"This?" I looked again.

"Glass" I said. "Glass?" He questioned.

"Yeah... They pushed me and threw things. One day they threw me through a window and I landed on the glass." I said. Daryl looked at me through the mirror. I nodded. He looked back at my back.

"How about these? They look the same." He said.

"Knife. They took kitchen knives, and they laid me up against the floor or the wall. They ripped my shirts, and took off my bra strap. One held me and the other abused me. Then after a while they switched." I said. Daryl turned me around so I was now facing him. He looked into my eyes and he gave me a sympathetic look.

I couldn't hold the gaze as my eyes became blurry. Daryl held me tight to him. I stopped the tears and looked at Daryl. Wondering his story.

"You promised." I said. Daryl gave me a confused look.

"Promised what?" He said. I went to the end of the bed and was facing Daryl's back. I touched one of his scars and traced it.

"Your story. You promised you would tell me." I said. Daryl nodded and then relaxed under my touch.

"My parents were alcoholics and my mom also did drugs. My dad would abuse Merle and I. One day I was on my way home and I see fire trucks in front of my house and smoke. I look over and I see that my mom was in a bag that was zipped up and taken away. The police told me that she started the fire with her cigarette as she was asleep. My dad always blamed Merle and I for everything. He got worse with his abuse. Merle was always in an out of Juvie and when he disappeared I covered his ass and got hurt more." Daryl said. He turned around so he was looking at me. I felt really bad for him.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

"There's no need to be. My past is the past. I have a new future to worry about. I am hoping that someone is going to be in it for as long as we have left." Daryl said. I was going to answer but then there was a knock on the door.

Daryl grabbed my shirt and threw it too me. I put it on and made Daryl get in the bed and I stayed beside him.

"Come in..." I said. Carol came in.

"Hey... I just wanted to thank you." Carol said.

"For what?" Daryl asked.

"You've done more for my little girl then my husband ever did in her entire life." Carol said. She bent down and gave Daryl a kiss on the cheek. She looked at me and then smirked. Before she left she gave Daryl a smile and she gave me a dirty glare. Then she left.

I looked at Daryl who just looked at me.

"Don't worry about her. She wouldn't hurt you..." He said.

"I don't know" I said.

"Listen. She isn't gonna hurt you. I promise" He said. I nodded.

Daryl looked at me, and moved a piece of hair out of my face. His hand went to the back of my neck and slowly pulled me towards him. My heart fluttered as our lips were inches apart. A knock on the door is what made us pull apart.

Beth came in with some food.

"I thought you guys would be hungry." She said sweetly. We nodded and she handed us a tray with food. Daryl and I are quickly and then just randomly started to talk.

"I have to pee..." I said. Daryl just looked at me.

"So what you tellin me for, go!" He said and I started to laugh. I went to the bathroom.

Once I was done my business I headed to the room and saw the door was opened. I looked at who was inside and there stood Andrea.

"Yeah... If you shoot me again, you best be praying that I'm dead." Daryl said. Andrea nodded and left. She saw me and smiled. I walked into the room and arched an eyebrow.

"She said sorry and handed me a book. Could've had one where there are pictures" Daryl said and I laughed. I then yawned.

"Ya tired?" He asked. I nodded. Daryl moved over, and he patted the spot next to him. I lie down in the bed and snuggle close to his chest.

"Good night Carly." He said.

"Good night Daryl..." I said and then I fell into a nice sleep.