Chapter 34

Carly's P.O.V.

Daryl woke me up from my dream. I looked around to see that people were starting to wake up.

"Good morning." I said to him.

"Mornin'." He replied. He helped me sit up. I stood up and stretched. We picked up all of our belongings and I handed Daryl his jacket again. He threw it in a bag and Carl gave me mine.

"Thank you." I said to him. He nodded his head and ran back to the truck.

"Glenn and Maggie are going on a gas run." Rick said to me. I nodded my head.

"Do you think there is anything else we need?" Rick asked me. I thought for a minute.

"Not at the moment. But I think that Daryl and I are going to go on a quick hunt." I said. Rick nodded his head turning around. I walked up to Daryl.

"You up to a little hunting?" I asked him. Daryl nodded his head and grabbed his crossbow and we walked into the woods.

"People are turning on Rick." I said. Daryl grunted in response.

"I know. It's not fair." Daryl answered. He raise his crossbow and shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We came back from the hunting trip and we got into the cars. I jumped onto the back of Daryl's bike and we were on our way. There was a neighbour hood. We pulled over and the men, Maggie and I ran around from house to house scavenging. Game was getting hard to find due to the weather becoming colder.

"Daryl. I think I should take this back to Lori. Their good vitamins for pregnant people." I said. Daryl nodded his head and I tossed it in the bag. I ran around and found a few more things, before we headed out. As I got near Rick's truck, I took out the vitamins and put my arm through the window.

"I found these. I think they will be good for you because there isn't going to be much food because of winter. These will keep your strength up." I said. Lori took the bottle and thanked me millions of times.

Daryl called for me and I made my way back to the bike. I hopped onto the back and we were once again on our way. Daryl lead the group. We were traveling around the side roads looking out for major herds.

We got cut off and we went from east to north. We were all wondering what was going to happen when we ran out of options. We just kept pushing on.

Nightfall came rather quickly and we were all tired we found a house that was clear and we took bedrooms. Except Daryl and I. He insisted on keep watch, and I was going to keep him company.

"This is going to be hard." I said.

"I know. We are jus' gonna have ta work through it all." Daryl said as he placed his crossbow down. I looked at him to see that he was already looking at me. He moved a piece of my white blonde hair out of my face and his light Georgian blue eyes stared into my icy blue ones.

"I love you."

"I love ya too."

A/N:

Hey guys I know this is short, but this chapter gives a preview of what the winter kind of seemed like. The scavenging in the neighbourhoods and the settling in for a night then leaving again.

I hope you guys like it. I will be updating my other books as well so it may not be this one right away.

Love y'all

~Chiara