34

Zach was nervous. he could hear the chatter and laughter all throughout the place. jonah had gotten in about an hour ago. and every inch of zach itched to go see the brunet.

he also ached to see jack, to be in his arms again and for everything to be alright. the small boy worked on calming his nerves while things down stairs settled down. it was when they decided to order pizza that zach decided to rush down the stairs with his guitar slightly slipping from his sweaty hands.

zach wasn't sure what to say or do just yet, he had been away from everyone for days. we're they still angry at him?

"zach!" Jonah scared said boy back into reality.

"i-uh, hi" he nervously replied. jonah jumped off the couch and quickly made his way to zach, scooping him into a big hug.

"wow, you're a lot smaller that i imagined" jonah laughed, zach could only blush.

he looked at his friends once jonah pulled away. jack was giving him a warm smile while daniel and corbyn looked warily for what was to come.

"you gonna play something for us?" jonah asked.

"o-oh" he croaked. "y-yeah actually. i um, i don't normally sing... but i thought this situation called for it" he said the last part, looking at the two who seemed to be a couple again.

zach sat in an open arm chair, very close to the stairs in case he decided to bolt back up to his room.

"i uh, i did a lot of thinking these last couple of days and i've been a shitty friend and whatever else i have been to all of you, even those of you im meeting for the first time today. i decided i would write a song about it. and if you would listen to it, that would be great" he said.

"i owe all of you an apology so, i'm sorry. and this is an extension of that" he laughed a little, clearing his dry throat.

You took this open heart of mine
fixed me up and made it right,
lost and cold but you love me still
every space I couldn't fill

you gave me all I ever needed
half a heart and you complete it
part of me and never knew
I'm only me because of you

i'm only me because of you,
you know me better than i do
i'm saying how i feel
i'm just being real, yeah
baby that's the truth
i'm only me because of you

he was shaky, that was to be expected, he was pouring his soul in an action he never did.

you showed me how to love my flaws
oh no
and the person i've not met before

you gave me all I ever needed
half a heart and you complete it it part of me i never knew
i'm only me because of you,
you know me better than i do
i'm saying how i feel
i'm just being real, yeah
baby that's the truth
i'm only me because of you

it was very silent once zach finished. they all stated at him in an unnerving way.

he was saved when the door bell rang. thank god for pizza.