Chapter 6

-

Once they've reached the area of where they've heard the crash, they just stared at the scene.

Still holding the scared brunette's hand, Ann was the first to comment; "Ryuji. What the HELL DID YOU DO?"

"Dude, look at this!", the vulgar boy gestured to different hallways which all led to different rooms... and the rooms seemed like bedrooms. Apparently the crash they heard was one wall breaking in, making these hallways visible.

After everyone looked around, even Haru was surprised. "Woah... I've never seen this place before when I was a kid..!". Though she was surprised just as the rest, she seemed way more excited. Well, she spent some of her childhood here after all.

"I'll get this one!!", while the rest was busy being amazed, Futaba already stormed off to get the best room.

"Hey, unfair!!!!", and the blonde stormed off as well, leaving the others unfazed.

"Ahm uhm...", the red-haired girl curled a bit of her hair around her finger, "Shouldn't we follow...?"

Makoto, who finally calmed down, then nodded as answer. "Yes, let's go and unpack our stuff. We'll.. be alright with this for now."

The rest agreed with their queen and everyone chose a room.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Click.

And...

𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘨.

Another job done as per usual. Cleaning off his cold gun, he put it back and then left the Metaverse to get back to his apartment. All these orders really made him sick, especially after his last task. But it really wouldn't take any longer till he finally gets his revenge.

Just a few more weeks...

"𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘰... 𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.", the detective thought before washing his face, maybe it was the shame he wanted to wash off, or just the sweat from a long day.

Interview after interview, and killing after killing. That was his usual routine now, and he was so tired of it.
But he knew, if he can keep it up for just longer... he can finally avenge his mother.

Leaving the bathroom, he went to his room and flopped down on his bed. These days he usually just overworked himself so much so he'd fall asleep right away and not have to think about all these dark things.

It was definitely not healthy, but it got the job done.

But this time he couldn't fall asleep.
It was the 21st November, and during the night of the 20th, he really killed 𝘩𝘪𝘮. And for some reason that really laid hard on him.

Eventually he did fall asleep, even when the thoughts wouldn't leave.

Days would pass, and so will the thoughts, he figured. Although that didn't truly work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"...Alright, you said it's because of my consciousness, then how do I get back to life?", tired of waiting in the nothingness, Akira got back up, leaving Arsene rather stunned.

"My, my... You really want to go back, don't you, my Liege...?", he then answered while letting out a small chuckle. "As to be expected by the wild card... But are you ready for this?"

"Ready for what? Can't get much worse anyways."

"Haha...", spreading his wings widely again, the Persona smirked.

"𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯..."