Chapter 12

-

It took some time for all thieves to come to an agreement, but soon they were all sure.

"... Okay. And how do we start this..?"

The detective smiled. "I knew you'd make the right choice. Now... Pack your stuff and join me."

The group obeyed, Akechi had the advantage over them, after all. But while they were packing everything and saying goodbye to their little cottage, he didn't look like he had a look of victory on his face; His face was unreadable, and that confused them.
There was no explanation for him to look so unhappy, he got everything he always wanted.

And... There was no way this man could feel bad for what he had done, at least that's what they believed.

"Hey KechKech, we're done!", Ann then suddenly shouted, also waking Goro back up from his deep thinking.
"Don't ever call me that again."

The others snickered, maybe this could get fun if they gave him a chance. They knew their leader would.

... Or 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦..?

In any way, they finished packing their stuff, so now this journey together with the serial killer detective could begin for them. And for some strange other reason... he didn't seem like a killer.

The snowstorm also still didn't stop, but luckily they all had enough clothes. Some of the girls then started whispering while others just followed Akechi in silence. "...𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯...?", the always kind Haru asked in her as always caring tune, what was even more surprising now, considering who they were walking with. "𝘏𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯!", Futaba replied in an annoyed quiet huff. She was right, he really owes them an apology, as well as an explanation.

But that could wait; because soon they reached the police station.

"You traitor sold us out!! 𝘈𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯!", Ryuji then spoke up again, rightfully angered. But he was jumping to conclusions.

"Shut up right now. I'm not selling anyone out.. I'm simply just getting you guys back to your families."

"...Oh"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, Akira was still on his own little way, trying to find his friends. He soon noticed that the public didn't just ignore him, they actually couldn't see him. Or were they all just not looking..? Maybe he really was a ghost. Did anybody see him? What if his friends wouldn't be able to see him..?

But it's not like the noble leader of the phantom thieves would care about what others thought anyways. He had just this one thing in his mind, that's all he had to achieve. But the thought of fading... It still scared him.

He took a glance at his own hands again, they were still as pale and transparent and looked just as fragile as before. Akira sighed. He was really getting tired of this, he just wanted everything to be alright again.

If only he had his phone he could... Wait a second. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦? Didn't the police take that from him in that cold room? And click, another idea had just entered the male's broken, probably still high, mind.

Akira just had to smile now. Breaking into a building as an invisible ghost to get back what belonged to him seemed like fun. Maybe he could even get revenge, who knows...

So he headed off to the police station, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.