Chapter 26

-

Tension filled the attic, yet the stressful atmosphere somehow lightened up. If Akira really was here and managed to cause damage to an object, it must mean he wasn't entirely gone, right?

After all, Christmas was the celebration to give up one's very self - to think only of others - and how to bring the greatest happiness to others. So giving up on their leader, who gave everything up for them, would be like betraying the whole team. And they swore they would never do that.

"Do you think he'll come back...?", Futaba then dared to ask after a short moment of silence. In honesty, she was still in doubt. But Kurusu helped her get better too, and he grew to become a brother for her; So she really wanted to believe.

Suddenly a hand touched the girl's shoulder, it seemed to be Kasumi's; And although she was the person with the least fighting experience, she had a smile filled with hope on her face. "I know he will."

The rest had to smile as well, it made them happy to see that hope; It must've been contagious.

"Geez, you kids...", the Barista then added on to the conversation, sighing while smiling as well. "Please be careful."

"Always are."

- - - -

"H-hey there aha- Put the gun away, Goro."

Akechi felt the psychologist grow more nervous, so did he, yet the detective didn't move his finger away from the trigger. He had done this plenty of times, and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

But then he continued talking, and it made Goro hesitate; "...or otherwise Akira will never come back."

'Akira will never come back.'

That sentence frightened him.

So eventually he pulled his gun back, let out a loud huff before unloading it and securely putting it back. He can't blame this doctor for all of this, especially since it was his fault. Or was it the gods' fault? It must've been everyone's fault. But now the world is going to face ruin, and if nobody takes action, it will fall apart.

"Look, Akechi-kun...", Maruki then adjusted his pair of glasses, still calming down some "I would've fixed it already, but... I can't."

"... What."

"I... lost those powers as soon as the... more powerful forces were involved..."

"..."

"... Only you can bring him back... But you need to accept this reality. I've seen how things would end if you don't... Please..."

Jolting up, Goro then just stared at the other in disbelief. He really just wanted to shoot the stupidity, as he would call it, out of this person's head. However, he decided not to blame him any more and just left the place. He knew enough now, and as long as he can secure Akira's safety somehow, everything goes.

He doesn't know how, but he'll figure it out on the way.

- - - - - - -

It's still quiet...
... It's too quiet...

Be patient.

Why is nobody here? Why is still dark? Let me out. Let me OUT OF HERE...

It'll be over soon...

Where are all the personas?

Just wait.

Arsene? Hey... I know you warned me about this but...
You weren't serious, right?

Be quiet.

Or is this just my punishment...
For what I did to that girl?
It was an accident, I promise. I didn't mean to do that.

Shut up.

Or is this my punishment for failing as 'Trickster'...?

Shut up.

I can still fix it. I just want to know if they are safe.

SHUT UP!

...

"Someone giving you a hard time?"

A smile.

"I can fix that. ~"