Chapter 14

-

So now he just stared at the other once again, horrified of his untouchable form. Akechi already knew that this Akira wasn't alive, but it still sent him shivers down his spine as he couldn't touch him.

He thought that the boy he had murdered is going to haunt him forever now, especially since Goro couldn't lay a finger on him. And that thought made him quite uneasy, adding that to having to see him like.. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 all the time.

The guilt was overwhelming, but Akira seemed like he had no idea of what had happened just one month ago. It confused the detective. The only thing that seemed to worry the ghost he was seeing was that nobody was able to hug him. He really could be childish sometimes.

In the end, Akechi just let out a sigh. There was no way he could just abandon that lost fragile spirit, so he took him with him.

"... Akira, what do you remember...?"

"What do you mean? Everything.. I guess..?"

That didn't sound very convincing, and it didn't take a smart person to realize that. So the brunette had to keep asking to find out the reason why the other wildcard was even here; "... I see. Well then... Uh.. Who killed you?"

... And that sure was a critical hit.

"..I... I can't remember..."

That might have been a great moment of relief for the detective, but it sure wasn't a nice thing for Akira to talk about. The fact, that he couldn't remember the most important part, really upset him. But eventually he'll find out, that's what he thought at least.

"... Sorry, Kurusu."

"It's fine."

Akechi decided to just walk off, back to the others. Of course, the ghost followed him everywhere he went, but it's not like he really had a choice.
When finally finding the others again, everyone complained because he left them for so long, but nobody seemed to notice Akira.

"Where were you??", Futaba first huffed annoyed, soon frowning and crossing her arms. She still had zero trust in him, but everyone was like that. Akira didn't understand that, but that was understandable considering that he was still too dazed to notice if anything was off. He was too busy being glad that his friends were alright, and tried immediately to get their attention.

Akechi, meanwhile, tried his best to ignore the dead dark haired male besides him. "I got distracted. You guys should go back to your families, I'm sure they miss you. We'll discuss the rest tomorrow."

After sending them all his new contact information, he then immediately walked off, expecting the Noiret to just follow him.

But Akira wouldn't follow, he desperately kept on trying to get them to notice him. But they just wouldn't show a reaction. He tried poking them, waving his still transparent hands... but the only reaction he got was a sneeze or some scratching.

That must have been the most frustrating thing. The only person who would show any sign of reaction was Goro Akechi, his murderer, which he couldn't even remember. He really had no other choice than to stick with him, so he decided to do just that.

Eventually everyone left the police station, deciding to go back to their actual homes with all of their stuff.

- - - - - - - -

- 18ᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ; 10:00ᴘᴍ
ɢᴏʀᴏ ᴀᴋᴇᴄʜɪ'ꜱ ʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ -

"Hey Goro, your apartment sure is empty", Akira mumbled, looking around in the living room quietly.

Goro then growled a bit. Actually he liked the idea of Akira staying with him, he would finally have another opportunity to talk to the leader of the phantom thieves. After all, he actually did have some... complicated feelings for him, but he has always been a tsundere about it. And having to see the other like that all the time continued to make him guilty. "Shut up. I'm only letting you stay because nobody else can talk to you. And.. Can't you get yourself cleaned? You look like a mess."

"Geez, no reason to be so cold! Don't you have mercy for a poor soul? You know 𝘐 could touch you at least a lil bit~", the oblivious spirit then chuckled in a seductive way.

Apparently flirting and making jokes was some kind of coping mechanism from him to enlighten the mood, but Akechi sure wasn't a fan of that.

"Akira."

"Sorry Sorry."

The brunette male then scoffed a bit, hiding his smile by changing the topic; "How were you even able to pick up that phone?"

"This?" the other took the device out again and shrugged "I can't send messages, but I can look at old stuff..."

"I see. Well.. It's getting late. Let's get to bed"

Akira just had to smirk now. Sharing a bed with the famous Detective Prince sure seemed nice.

Akechi saw that smirk and immediately went red, then yelled at the fellow wildcard before storming out of the room; "Don't get the wrong idea dammit!!"

"Sure Sure~", but Akira really couldn't help himself and kept on snickering before just following the other into the bedroom, spending the night resting with him.

It actually gave him a slight feeling of comfort. 𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦.