Chapter 8

-

"... We could change our names and ride down to another town, then--"

Bonk.

"Stop making musical references! We're not in Heathers!", Ann huffed and shook her head after bonking Kasumi's head gently, making sure not to hurt the girl.

Morgana, meanwhile, was cleaning his fur throughly and scratched his own neck a bit; Haru had been so nice and gave him a small scarf to keep him warm as well, and although it was sweet, it kind of made him itchy. Picking the strawberry blonde girl's side as usual, the feline then continued to lick his paws; "Lady Ann is right! Musical references aren't going to help us out... I'm sure we'll just have to endure it for a bit longer."

The rest nodded again, while Makoto started to clear off snow. Since a storm was approaching, she was already preparing for the worst-case scenarios. Somebody had to keep them safe after all; so she covered their current residence with blankets and also made sure that everything was well.

She couldn't do much either, but it was something.

And well, eventually the next day came to light, bringing a storm with it, just as expected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The public was shocked, staring at the news of their future prime-Minister.

𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥.

The police officers had decided that the cause of death was suicide, how ironic. And as the population found out about all the dirt about him, they seemed even more desperate. Their adored Detective Prince had just brought everything out to the world, all those death cases, as well as the whole Phantom Thieves tragedy.

Nobody would've thought that that man had done such terrible things, but nobody knew that Akechi was under the same blanket as him. Of course, he didn't dare to mention it.

He really made it. He really managed to uncover the truth about all the cruel men, not just his father. Everyone that helped Shido has been taken into custody as well, except him, of course.

Somehow Akechi did manage to... 'reform' society; even if he had to be cruel, as well. All the disgusting men were going to have to be replaced as soon as possible, but that wasn't as important at the moment.

The young man knew exactly that he had done disgusting things himself, so it still left this filthy taste in his mouth. But now he had a new case to uncover; Find the missing students, the remaining Phantom Thieves.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Akira, on the other hand, was still strolling aimlessly through the city. Luckily he had found a small building where he could spend the night at, nobody really noticed him anyways, as the news then caught his attention as well.

𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘰... The man seemed way too familiar, and the thought of him made him angry for some reason. But now the man was dead, just like Akira was too.

But it was weird. Especially since it was election day, and everyone was talking about it.

... And that's when realization hit him.

It was 𝘩𝘪𝘮... That man was the reason why the wildcard even got into this huge mess, he was the reason why he lost his life, and who wouldn't have utter hatred for someone like that.

But... his memories were still too fuzzy. In fact, he couldn't even remember 𝘸𝘩𝘰 shot him. It seemed like if you die in a certain state of mind, you're going to stay in this state of mind. Did Shido shoot him? Or was it some underling that man sent out? Either way, now it wouldn't matter anymore.

Because something even worse caught his attention. That one sentence from the news;

"Six 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘮 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦"

Six? Why were there Six students? And where did they go? What if they had died too...? And then he saw their pictures.

"𝘒𝘈𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘐?! 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴-?...𝘈𝘩𝘩..", at least his mind was clear enough to still come to obvious conclusions, such as the fact that Yoshizawa had decided to join the Thieves after all, to help them out.

But then there was another sentence of the news, that actually gave him a slight feeling of relief. The public finally knew that the group hadn't done anything wrong, but now he also knew that it really all was 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘰'𝘴 fault.

The black-haired male let out an angered huff, before walking unbothered by the storm to the one place he knew was safe.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘧𝘦.