Chapter 10

-

"𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘰 𝘈𝘬𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘪..!"

The tense atmosphere didn't fade any time soon, in fact, it got even more intense as nobody said a word.

Of course somebody soon put an end to this, and he really couldn't have thought of anything better than to attack the detective that had just approached them.

"Ryuji! Stop!", Ann tried her best to stop the fellow blonde, but with no luck. Because without them even noticing, the brunette male had just dodged any attack, soon locking Sakamoto in handcuffs.

And with the best timing ever, Futaba then walked out of the cottage.
"What's going on noobs-- EHH?!", she exclaimed shocked. The girl has just healed from her fever after all, so she definitely wasn't expecting seeing... 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

"What the-"

"Oh, please. I'm not here to play games with a group of 'thieves', and I'm not going to arrest anyone either.", Goro then said, unlocking the handcuffs while talking. "... I want to strike a deal." His voice sounded so... empty; comparing it to the picture-perfect detective prince everybody loves. But they couldn't really be surprised, after all, they all knew what he had done.

"You KILLED him.. And now you just expect us to accept some DEAL..?", the cat then scoffed, joining in on their conversation while Ryuji snatched away from Akechi.

... He really didn't know what he could say to that. Of course he knew that those teens would hate him, but it was still hard for him to find words to explain his plan. "..."

"Well? Go on. What's your 'deal'?", Makoto then fixed him with a glare, obviously suspicious of him. Well, who could blame her, honestly.

"... I'm going to fix everything. I'll make you be able to go back to your normal lives, no imprisonment or whatsoever. And... In return you'll do one, just one last job for me."

The Thieves looked at each other for a while, discussing something, and then all nodding.

"... Fine. Tell us more."

- - - - - - - - -

...

The cold air was peaceful.
The falling was peaceful.
Everything was peaceful.

Nothing was hurting, and everything felt free. Akira liked it. The snow didn't harm his bruised skin at all, actually, nothing affected him at all. It was like he really didn't exist.

But for some reason he still felt the coldness.
And he liked it.
He liked feeling something positive again... even if it shouldn't be possible.

Because as soon as the boy reached the ground, everything went dark again.

....

And as he opened his eyes again, he noticed how he was back in that void, even for just a split second, before seeing the ground again.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦-?!"

His thoughts were all over the place again, and he felt himself slowly going numb. But before that happened, he quickly hid in an alleyway, making sure whoever was in LeBlanc didn't see him.

Akira felt sick, his mind feeling like exploding. Damn drugs.
It was as if the effects got stronger by hitting the ground, but his "body" took no harms. He didn't feel warmth, there was no true happiness. All he felt was his state of mind, the coldness, and him going slowly but surely numb.

It was horrible. 𝘐𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵.
He maybe couldn't feel right with his body, but it still hurt. It hurt mentally.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯.