Chapter 19

-

They were staring, confused. But well, in fact, who could blame them. There was a HUGE golden cup just standing in front of them! They were so surprised by that, they didn't even bother asking Kasumi about how exactly she got a persona.

Akira, although, was just horrified by something else. Hoo boy, his shattered mind finally came to a realization. When? It only took a glance at that black mask.

He betrayed him. The one and only person he could talk to sold him out.

𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘰 𝘈𝘬𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮.

Shifting realities was too much for his weaker getting consciousness by this point, the only thing keeping him 'alive' was his rage. That anger, that just suddenly came like a wave after this realization. But he's seen this holy grail before. Was it in a dream? Or maybe he saw it that one time he visited Mementos all by himself in the middle of the night? Maybe it was in that void, too.

The boy had more secrets than he would admit. However, it's not like anyone would care at this point.

But it's that damn butterfly. That damn butterfly that just won't leave him alone. It's beautiful with its wonderful shades of blue and all majestic as it flies around...

Akira wants to 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 it.

He's tired. He doesn't want to play this 'game' of the gods anymore. But it seems that even when he gives up, it all just ends the same way. It all feels like a Déjà vu, like he's gone through everything already. And fate has already been decided. There's no way out of this agonizing fate, the dices have rolled. And he couldn't stop it.

One step away.

Perhaps two.

But then a voice suddenly rang out, loudly. It even made him freeze right on the spot.

"THIS STORY ISN'T GOING LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO...", the comically large cup then started to preach in a deep voice, "FATE HAS BEEN TWISTED. AND DARKNESS WON." It seemed that this distorted voice belonged to this thing.

It continued on with some bullshit about how meaningless their lives are, but only Crow and Akira would understand what this false god was truly talking about. To be precise, they knew exactly.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨.

They were just created for this sole purpose. At this point, they weren't even humans anymore. But have they ever been? They were just the toys of some gods in their little fun game.

One representing light, and the other one darkness.

It was quite ironic.

And it made both of them SICK.
It was very much visible that they grew pale. Yet still nobody had been able to notice their despairing raven-haired leader...

"Hey! Enough of your bullshit! We're taking you down!", Mona then suddenly shouted in that high-pitched way. It broke the silence, but was only met by a loud laughter.

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

"YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A CREATION TO GUIDE THE TRICKSTER. AND YOU FAILED AT THAT."

Mona fell down to his knees, unable to form anything to say.

Skull was the one to growl this time. "Hey! You can't just say some stupid shit like that to Mona!"

However, the holy grail just kept on laughing in a taunting manner.

"YOU CAN NOT DEFEAT ME. FATE HAS GONE ITS WAY... AND LIGHT HAS LOST. YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE THAN TOOLS TO USE FOR THE TRICKSTER OF LIGHT. AND YOU FAILED TO BE OF USE FOR HIM."

That must've been the breaking point for Akira. He just wanted to snap at this false god to make a joke out of his friends. How dare he call them tools. How DARE he say they failed.

He didn't care anymore now, and took out his weapons. He didn't care if he would fade, he didn't care if it would mean game over. He's not going to hold back anymore, and was really just one second away from snapping.

Crow took a glance at the other, and he saw this rage. This insanity, he'd never seen something like it before. Of course, he knew he himself always had this look when going in the Metaverse as well. But seeing it on this poor image of the noble leader was terrifying. The blood never faded, neither did the bruises, but this manic look he had...

𝘐𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦.