Ch 45: Streetlights

Hi y'all sorry for the delay! Enjoy this chapter and also listen to this AMAZING song by new artist Sami Hussain because it slaps and I've been listening to it on repeat. :)

After receiving that cryptic series of texts, Shivani had put her phone done to collect her thoughts. What is this was some weird test from her parents to see if she would disobey them again? What if it was a prank? What if...what if it was Charlie Gillespie, her celebrity crush, texting her because he was on a prank show and she was actually being Punk'd?

As much as she hoped that Charlie Gillespie was texting her, she knew it was probably one of the first two options. But she let the smallest part of her that wanted to believe it was genuine win and she texted back.

Shivani: I'm in.

Anonymous: You sure?

Shivani: Yes.

Anonymous: Excellent. The first step is to prove to your parents that being in Now United would be a worthwhile experience.

Shivani: You definitely have not met my parents. There is nothing that will change their mind. 

Anonymous: See that is where you are wrong. I have very much met your parents and I also understand where your parents are coming from because I've had a similar experience. 

Was it a clue that this person had met her mom? No...because at the first welcome party they'd all met each other's parents.

Shivani: Okay all knowing being, what should I do first?

Anonymous: You need to make a presentation that highlights everything this experience will do for you. And also why this is something you could make a career out of because parents are big on the whole job stability part of life. 

Shivani: Okay I see where you're going, but my parents are icing me out right now. There is absolutely no way they're going to sit through a presentation I give them, let alone actually listening to me. 

Anonymous: Make the presentation and I'll handle the rest. Trust me, okay?

Shivani: Trust you? I don't even know you. 

Shivani: Wait did I just quote a movie because that totally sounds like a movie quote?

Anonymous: Uhhh...I have no idea, but honestly, what do you have to lose?

Even though this hit a little too hard because it was true, this person did have a point.

Shivani: Okay.

Anonymous: Great. I'll text you back in a little while, but until then...maybe let your friends know how you're doing? You do have people here who care about you, you know?

Was Anonymous Hina? Or Bailey or Noah? But if it were any of those three people, wouldn't they have just told her? She wasn't ready to talk to Noah yet about the kiss, but she decided to check in with Hina. She figured she should check in with Bailey after everything that went down with Ylona, but she could not imagine how Noah would feel if he were the only one she didn't respond to. She decided to only respond to Hina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Shivani was home alone. Her parents had both gone to work leaving her to sit by herself at home. She decided that it was time to leave the house for her own mental health. She decided to grab some money from her parent's room before she left so she could buy some junk food.