🌻Chapter 16🌻

~NOAH~

      We had gotten back to the house and I laid rora down upstairs. She was still tired, given that she is still recovering.

     Jacob and I decided to do some work around the property to give her space. We were like my to make noises. It wouldn't be a nice household with her grumpy and all. She'd have us both on our toes scared of little ole her and her attitude.

     We decided to work on the fence, it needed some repairs now that Jacob was thinking about adding some more goats. They will be a real handful. Hopefully it's just a few for now.

     This would probably take us far away from the house, it has me worried a little bit since I should be watching her. She'll be fine right? She'd call if she were to need us hopefully.

     "Do you think she'll be alright alone?"i ask turning to Jacob as he loads the things we need into the kabota.

     "Yeah, no need to worry, I set the alarm just incase. It will send me a text even if someone is coming down the driveway." He assures me.

     "Ok, that makes me feel a little bit better." I nod then help him finish loaded the rest of the stuff.

     We get in and head off down the field, the horses all follow, curious to what we're doing. It was a beautiful sight to see I admit.

     The house fades out in the background as we enter the tree line, going down the long dirt path. It had a few mud holes and Jacob hit them every time. It left us both laughing, also from when we would almost flip.

     We eventually reach a clearing in the trees where there were a couple of down fences. Some had limb and one had a full tree over it.

     "Well let's get to work" Jacob shouts out. "I'll work on the big tree and you can get these limbs off, then fix the post. Too easy" he finishes as he walks down to the tree. I heard the chainsaw started up then fade a little as I walk down the hill to tend to the other fences.

+30 minutes later+

     Was finishing up digging a post in the ground when I hear Jacob yell my name. Miraculously, I heard it through my ear muffs I wore from the loud bangs of the post. I immediately drop everything and run up to him just incase he was in trouble.

     I top the hill seeing his face covered in blood.

     "Woah.woah.woah, what happend!?" I rush out.

     "Was cutting the last branch that was apparently holding the hole tree down. I didn't realize it until I got about halfway in then the whole thing snapped back up and sent it in my face. I don't know how bad it is I just know it's bloody and I can't see." He explains

     "Jesus dude" I say afraid to touch him.

      "I figured, um, go look under the seats in the kabota it should be some towels and a first aid." He finishes.

      Running back, I grab everything and rush back to him. I hand him the towel and he wipes his face.

     "Lean out a bit" I say. He did as I poured the water bottle I found over his face to rid all the blood and see where it hit.

     "Well it's not bad but you got yourself good. It's a little gash at the your hairline." I laugh a bit

      "All this blood for a little fella like that" He also laughs.