🌻Chapter 1🌻

Jacobs Pov

"Hay bud, How close are you to home?"

"Yeah man, i'm close to you. Are you okay mate?" My best friend since college, Justin, questions over our phone call.

"Yeah bud, had another flashback, you got the good stuff handy?" Good stuff as in gin.

     "Yeah mate, but someday you're not gonna be able to rely on that. It bad for you." I hate that he acts concerned, But this is the only way.

     "Yeah, i know. See ya in a bit." I say and hang the phone up.

     Since Alanas been gone, everything's not the same anymore. We had a child for god sake and i wasn't stable enough to take care of her. I know Alanas looking down on me, she probably hates me for that. I hope she knows i tried and that it was for the best.

     I head to the living room, and plop down on the couch. It was always dark in here, couldn't be better to be honest. I turn the tele on to the same old shows i flip back and forth to; Ghost Adventures and Mountain Monster. At least, that's the only shows that are constantly on, Ive just grown to like them a bit.

     I head the keys turn in the door and Justin announces himself, trying to cheer me up.

     "Honey dear, I'm home" He laugh siting ti booze on the counter.

     "Ha, if this is you attempt at cheering me up, try hard dude" I laugh walking in the kitchen.

     "Awe cheer up mate, I'm against it but i think i like you better with booze in you're system." He shrugs and starts upstairs.

    I roll my eyes and his remark and my phone rings. I want to ignore it but the number isn't firmiliar, probably a telemarketer. I answer and put it on speaker ready to smash a pot and a spoon together.

     "Hi is this Jacob Gray?" A soft female voice says.

     "Yeah,  This is he, Why?" I'm trying not to be rude but hay, this person is ruining my booze time.

     "My names Aurora Sky" I sit the the pot and spoon down and lean against the counter.

     "I'm listening" That name.. it's firmil-

     "Jacob Gray is my father and I've been looking for him, Are you him?" She finishes and i'm stuck in my place. A tear escapes my eye and i didn't know what to say.

     "Hello?, Are you there?" She questions.

     " I-i  y-yess thats me, omg h-how did, what the-" my mouth unable to figure out how to process this.

     "My adoptive dad gave me you're number, i've been trying to work up the courage to call. I sorry i didn't call sooner i was trying to work up the cour-" i cut her off

     " Oh, sonny, no need to explain, you're fine and i completely understand"

"Is there a time we're you're free that we can meet up and talk in person, i've been dying to meet you" I hear the tears in her voice and she says the last word.

"Y-yes Are you still in Tennessee?"

"yes actually" she retorts

" We can meet at my house, is that okay"

"Yes that perfectly, just text me the address and i'll be there tomorrow around 14:00" He voice, not so mature, is starting to sound like her mother's. Another tear escapes my eyes.

"Yes, i'm sending it now, I shall see you then sunflower"

"Yeah, see you soon dad" My heart and ears satisfied at that sound. Dad.

The phone call ends and i book it upstairs to Justin's room. I kick the door open and it scares the god out of him.

"What the fuck mate"He laughs at me but still confused.

"Dude. Aurora just called me!" i release of my breath

"No fucking way" His eyes wide and his mouth drops

"Way dude." i run down stairs as fast as i ran up and start cleaning the house getting ready for tomorrow. I hear Justin's footsteps follow after me.

"Woah dude, What in gods fuck are you doing now?" Taking the the glasses that i'm handing him, piled from the living room.

"Cleaning, She coming tomorrow to meet me" I look up at him as he drops the glasses. He's eyes still gazed on me as i watch the glasses hit the floor.

"T-Tomorrow? as in the day after this one?" i swear, i know he's in shock but that was hard not to laugh at.

"Yess Justin now help me CLEAN!" my yell shakes him back to reality and starts to help. First by cleaning up the glass that's everywhere

Hay guys sorry for not updating sooner, but how do you like the story so far? Sometimes they will be mostly long and some sort but expect many more soon. Enjoy☺️