4 • Corduroy Dreams

Goodbye past,

Hello future.

————

Dream opened the door to their hotel room, giving them jazz hands. "Tada!"

The room was well furnished, it had 2 beds pushed against the wall, a nightstand separating them both. A couch seated in the middle of the room with a television mounted on the wall. Lamps brightening up the dark corners of the room, preventing it from being submerged in nothing but pitch black.

A decent sized bathroom and a small kitchen with an island in the middle. A glass door that led to a balcony with flowing curtains drooping over it, only letting in a small amount of sunlight. It was perfect.

"How'd you manage to find this in like— 5 minutes?!" Quackity walked around, observing the room.

Dream shrugged his shoulders, "I just looked on this website for cheap rooms."

-

They started unpacking, filling the closet almost immediately and leaving some clothes in their luggages for it wouldn't fit.

Sapnap was filling up the fridge.

"I know you did not just bring a whole ass suitcase for our food."

"Well I did." Sapnap continued storing the fridge, paying no attention to Dream.

George walked up to Dream, the red string shortening with each step he took. "So like... where are the instruments?"

"Oh!" The lightbulb above Dream's head lit up, "There's a nearby stage here with a load of instruments that are not in use, it'd be perfect to practice."

Karl jumped into the conversation, propping himself up on both of their shoulders. "Coincidence much? You sure you didn't set this up?"

"Nope." Dream shook his head.

"Everything is unpacked!" Sapnap announced.

"How would we tell the difference between me and George's clothes?" Quackity questioned, looking over at the closet.

"You know damn well you are shorter than me, Quackity." George laughed, covering his mouth with his hand.

Dream, Sapnap and Karl let out 'Oooooo's, laughing along with George.

Quackity rolled his eyes, continuing to bicker with George, constantly comparing his height as if he'd randomly grow an inch or 2 randomly.

"Blah blah blah whatever." George mimicked him, opening and closing his hands like a mouth.

-

They were sitting around the table, half empty plates placed in front of them, munching on their food.

"So," Sapnap swallowed his food, "When are we gonna go to the stage?"

Dream took another bite while thinking of an answer, "Maybe tonight? It's not too late."

George nodded, an eager smile taking place on his face as he took a sip of water.

Quackity got up, placing his dishes in the sink and rinsing it off, leftover pieces of food floating off into the drain. He wiped his hands, sitting back down at the table.

Dream looked at all of their empty plates. "Are you guys ready to go?"

"Mhm!"

"Okay." He got up, brushing off his hands on his jeans as he walked over to the door. He grabbed his keys and a light jacket, pulling his arms through the sleeves and adjusting it at the shoulders.