Chapter 10: Guardian

Jenny slowly peered in. Her lips quivered slowly as she searched the office. I smiled lightly, but she obviously didn't notice me in the dim light. Jenny looked down at the carpet as she shuffled. There was a small cardboard box labeled 'Box of Shame' next to the door that I missed.

"Hey Jenny,"a person said, opening the box. He appeared to be a five year old boy with brown hair.

"Shut up, Jay,"Ms. Mangle said."You're still in the Box of Shame for writing that smut scene."

"Hey Jay..."Jenny whispered before sitting down. She still hadn't noticed me.

"Jenny Hamada,"Ms. Mangle said, wiping fake tears from her eyes,"I regret to inform you that the day has come. You have done part from this little home of ours into the Woods family."

Jenny looked over at me, with a concerned look on her face. Immediately, that changed to an excited expression and she leapt at me laughing. We engulfed in a hug, smiling like a child on their birthday. Ms. Mangle's fake tears could be heard the background.

"I can't believe you're adopting me! I thought it was some random stranger! This is the best. Day. Ever!"

"I guess so!"I replied.

Jenny bounded up and out of the room, starting to hum the song Happy by Pharrel. I slowly got up, jotting down my signature on the final paper. Ms. Mangle continued to fake cry as I walked out to get to the car. The young boy in the Box of Shame peeked out again.

"Please help me,"Jay whispered.

It was the last thing I heard before closing the doors. Box of Shame, eh?

---

Jenny was standing outside the car, ecstatic. She was smiling ear to ear. I unlocked the car and slid in. Jen sat shotgun. I could tell she was having trouble finding words. She gave out a weird sound that sounded like a dying walrus with a bunch of stilettos shoved up its butt.

((OMG I can't wait to see the fan-art on that walrus))

"A-are you okay?"I asked as we drove down a country road.

"I'm way better than okay! I'm so happy! You have no idea how happy I am to be living with you guys. It was a living nightmare in there. I had to share a room with two other girls. One of them was a sports jock that was really popular, and the other was a singing popular girl that tried to be funny but wasn't. Much."

"Sounds like the friends I had when I was ten."

She smiled."I guess so."

Suddenly, a person on a bike sped past us. I swerved out of the way, scared for their life. Jenny let out a small peep. The person pointed to their back. It was hard to read, but Jen grabbed my bird watching binoculars.

"'Good choices have been made. Make more soon.' And then a face-book thumbs up." Jenny peered out the window."Hmm..."

I smiled. Miyoko is my guardian angel.

-~-

{Media|500 Miles by The Proclaimers}