Chapter 17: Talks

I spit out the water I was drinking all over Corei. He wasn't fazed. He was staring right ahead. We all were. Beneath Riki's, Jenny's, and Corei's mind, I knew they were thinking. OH GOD. SHE DO THE NASTY. I slowly looked over at Emma.

"And Hack is the father."

I took a swig of water and spit it out on Corei again. He didn't say a word. We were all petrified in shock. They do da nasty. They do da nasty.

"Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?!"Jenny yelled.

Emma pointed to the fat plus sign on the test."Yeah."

I slowly sat up, staring at Emma in the eye."We need to talk."

We walked up my bedroom. I slowly sat down, putting my head in my hands. Emma leaned on the door. She looked nervous, and I sure as heck was. There was a silence between us as I tried to think of some kind of sentence starter. This was the first time someone had told me anything as big as that.

I sighed, before widening my eye."What were you thinking?!"

Emma's eye twitched nervously."I-I... We didn't have anything... I thought we'd be okay."

"That is not okay!"

"I know, Amber. It happened to quickly!"

"Are you gonna abort, or what?"

"Are you kidding? That's someone's life. It would be like commuting murder."

"If your at work, I can't take care of the baby. I have to work too. I have two kids that I also have to take care of. Don't even start on hard Jenny is to contain."

Please don't let her hear that.

"Are you mad?"

"I'm just really disappointed."

I stood up, not meeting eye contact. She looked down at the ground in shame. I gritted my teeth as I grabbed my keys and purse. Corei slowly stood up.

"Should I leave...?"he asked.

"No one is leaving this house until I can get answers."

"Go home, Amber, you're drunk..?"Angel slowly said, smiling.

Riki shot her a glance.

I slammed the door shut, wanting to scream. I was mad. Who would do this? My feet stomped over to my car, squinting and hunching over the wheel. I blasted techno to take everything off my mind, but it was still haunting me. I frowned, appearing displeased.

First stop, that jerk Hack's house. And I'm bringing a dead body with me.

---

I rung the doorbell repeatedly, at long periods at a time. Hack opened the door, with a shirtless top and a low lying towel only a little higher positioned than the huge thing that created this catastrophe. His hair was dripping wet. I crossed my arms, squinting at him.

"Oh hey Amber- Oh..."

I pointed at him."Get some pants on, you son of a female dog. You have some big explaining to do."

"You know what else is bi-"

I slapped him hard."Now."

He traversed upstairs, laughing to himself. I sat down on the couch, ready to destroy any expensive thing around the house. The smell of a lilac floated through the room. I looked towards it. A familiar face stood at the open window.

Be strong. Do not give up. Live life. Miyoko mouthed to me.

"Well?" Hack started walking down the stairs. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a flannel tee.

"You think you're so clever, trying to weave in and out. Emma is pregnant for heaven's sake and it's your fault!"

His face went deadpan."Eh, what."

"She's going to freaking have a child! I would use stronger language, but you know... I'm Christian."

Hack looked nervous."Hey. Woah. Woah. Let's not fight again."

"Am I gonna have to kick you out of your house too?!"

"Amber, calm down. I'll tell you everything."

I was long past blowing a fuse, but I sat down with a gigantic displeased face and my arms crossed. Hack sat down on the love seat. He breathed in and out before going on.

"It went to quickly. Emma was a little wobbly, so I thought,'Why not?'"

"Woah. Woah. Woah. What?!"

"Let me go on. We didn't have anything, so I thought that we might take the risks. I'm a pretty lucky guy, but my luck has run out."

"You guys better get married, you know that right?"

"She probably really hates me."

"Then go propose to her tomorrow and see what happens. Just let me set up a few cameras and then I'll post it to YouTube."

"Oh no."

"You got yourself into this mess,"I smirked as I opened the door."Now get yourself out."

I slammed the door with a bang.