Chapter 36: Viewpoint

"Emma? You in there?" I knocked on the door a few times."Our flight leaves in four and a half hours. Might be good to catch the T soon."

"Yeah!"she called."Just let me get my makeup ready."

I rolled my eyes."I still need to brush my teeth, stupid."

"Berno, it's just a three hour plane ride. My boss won't mind your smelly breathe."

"Oh, she will!" I pulled my jacket over my pink tank top and galaxy leggings.

Emma opened the door in an overdramatic pose, making a duck face."I'm fabulous."

I laughed and slipped past her to brush my teeth. Emma stood by the door, her arms crossed in front of her stomach. I eyed her as I washed my teeth, and she smiled. Emma looked happier than she'd been in weeks, and that made me even happier. I was always looking out for my best friend.

I spit in the sink and washed my brush."Okay. We got four hours in Boston traffic. Let's go."

Emma ran down the steps, grabbing her pink suitcase. I sighed, grateful for the day I was able to get out of the house.

Em and I are leaving now. Make sure Angel and Jenny don't burn down the house. I texted Trey.

K bro. Ill mak sure. He texted back, and I rolled my eyes. Luv u bae.

I sent him a kissy face back to him."Alrighty. Let's go."

We packed into Emma's car. I still wasn't used to Ferrari or whatever car she had. It was everything in the world compared to my minivan that I'd bought before disappearing from my crowded apartment to live with Emma. I started the engine and made my way onto the expressway. Emma turned on her music, screaming the lyrics despite my pleads of her to turn off Iggy's horrible rap. Emma laughed loudly, and even I managed to smile despite being a bit hectic.

I pulled into the free parking space near the entrance to Logan Airport. It would be a short bus ride to our terminal. Emma grabbed her suitcase and hefted mind towards me. We raced out of the parking lot to the bus stop. The white bus covered in advertisements rolled into the station, and the two of us boarded. We took a seat together.

"Okay... We can get a little bit of a break,"Emma whispered to me, and I nodded."Can't wait to get back with the girls."

"Why did you bring me again?"

"You haven't been to New York in forever. Besides, you need to meet my boss. Maybe you'll get hired."

"Emma, I bench press."

"Yeah? Girl power! Woo!"

I rolled my eyes."I have two children to raise, and one is going off to college. And your little baby is replacing her."

"You're taking care of my child?"

"You have a job, I don't. At least, not really... I gave up on the novel."

"Start that!"she yelled, making everyone on the bus looked towards us. I went deadpan. Emma blushed.

"Now approaching Terminal E. All international and private flights get off here,"the bus driver said over the intercom, and I stood up.

That's us.

Emma and I got off and walked inside, walking to the kiosk. We handed the worker our tickets and put our luggage on the belt.

"Gateway 45,"she said."Have fun!"

Emma and I held hands as we walked. I was excited to be going, but nervous at the same time. The people on the jet worked with Emma. I could barely meet a normal person. My best friend seemed perfectly normal, looking around in the tourist shops and at magazines while we waited for them to call our flight. We sat down, the area deserted. We were the only two in Boston. The rest of Emma's group of models had been scattered around the country, and now they were getting together for one huge shoot and show.

I looked at the clock."One more minute... Ugh. The plane is already here, but they can't let us on?"

Emma rolled her eyes."That's the problem with flying."

"Oh... If I get nervous, can you cover for me? I-"

"Don't worry! They'll love you."

"Sure... Remember Lacey a few years ago?"

"Oh crap... No! She isn't going to be on the plane,"Emma hugged, thankful."That's a story I don't want to remember."

"Now calling passengers for flight 615 to New York City, New York."

What is it? New York City, Delaware? I sighed, holding out our tickets. They stamped them, and Emma ran ahead while I pulled our bags.

I was greeted with something that looked like it was a fun Air Force One. Except a little more pink and polka-dotted. A group of young, attractive girls sat around, talking and drinking water and champagne. I immediately shrunk down, scared.

Was there anyway for me to turn around and leave?