Chapter 34: You

I sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. My eyes darted to the window. It was still dark. I slowly moved out of bed, looking in my closet for something to wear. A hint of blue caught my eye, but it was only my socks. A single sigh escaped my mouth, light like a feather. But the weight on my shoulders felt like a blue whale.

Or an elephant... I thought to myself.

I got dressed in all black. Black tee shirt, black running shorts, black socks. I wore Emma's black and white tennis shoes. I exited the house without saying a word. A few rays of sunlight flowed over the horizon. I looked down the driveway.

Another day...

I started running on the sidewalk, looking around. A few people walked out of their houses, followed by their dog. I ran out of the neighborhood, checking my watch. Trey's house was only a mile away. I looked over my shoulder before taking off in a sprint. Cars started becoming more frequent as the sun rose higher into the sky. I ran up to Trey's door, knocking to the tune of 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman'.

"It's unlocked!"Trey called. I opened the door.

"Hey, uh, hey..." I said.

He walked over to me, collapsing me into a big bear hug and giving me a kiss on the forehead. I looked up at him with a tiny smile on my face. It quickly disappeared though as I looked at the calendar on the wall. Trey grabbed my head and buried it in his shirt to keep me from looking.

May 30th...

"Kid, don't cry..."

I smiled a bit."Kid..."

"So... Uh... Not sure you can stay around for long... I got a mysterious call from Hack... Maybe he butt dialed-"

"Haha. You said butt."

Trey rolled his eyes."Maybe he accidentally called me, but I'm going over to check on him anyways. He's been very... Away... So to put it."

"He hasn't called or texted me... Funny how he disappears right before today..."

Trey blinked, making the connection. He swore under his breathe and nodded."Y-yeah!"