morning

When I woke up to the bright sunshine the next morning I had nearly forgotten the "I love you" incident from the night prior. I got up long before Michael and got him water and tylenol for when he woke up. I sat alone on his floor, watching him as he rested. His hair was a mess and he was snoring like Darry.
Finally around 11 Michael sat up and looked around for me. I was still on the floor but now I was finishing a painting I had left unfinished a few days before.
"Morning babe," He leaned over the bed; propping himself up on one arm. He kissed me on the head and slide off the bed onto his stomach. "That looks good."
"Thanks," I was so happy and mad. But I didn't know how to be mad at him.
"What time is it?"
"Eleven."
"Oh babe I'm sorry," He sits up and sits next to me, our knees grazing across each other's. "Want something to eat?"
"I already ate."
"Want to go do something?" He places his hand just above my knee.
"I should get home."
"Why not stay for dinner," His hand glides upward toward my hip.
"Uhm," I stand up and look down at him. "I should go. I'll call you tonight."
I turn to go but he stands up quickly and swings me around. "Where you going Curtis?" Normally this would make me go all red and smiley but I was building up with anger. He held my waist.
"Leaving."
His hands go up to where my shirt ends and sticks his thumb under a bit, feeling the scar. I thought he was going to do more but he just stood their feeling the scar. "I'm sorry Aidy." His eyes and hand were fixed of my stomach and the about 1/4 inch scar next to my belly button.
I had lost feeling where I was stabbed so I couldn't feel him touching it. But I felt around it. His hands were warm.
He found the other scars himself, like he knew the blueprint to my body already.
"Wow," He looked at the spots that were now covered by the fabric of my shirt and pants. "Uhm," he clears his throat.
"You made a mistake."
"I made a mistake that made you mad at me. Aidy it's killing me," he acts like is talking about something else but I can't quite understand what.
I looked up at his eyes and saw tears forming. "I'm so sorry Aidy," he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in. He was crying a lot now and I just hugged him back and rubbed his back.
"Michael it's okay. I forgive you," I did. I didn't know how and I didn't want to learn how to be mad at him. I just couldn't do it.
"I'm sorry."
"I love you," I doubted he remembered last night but I returned the words. It felt amazing.