Questions

"Happy birthday," Michael pulls me in. "Heard someone by the name of 'Aidelaide Curtis' is fifteen today."
"Well congrats to her."
"One lucky lady," He stares down at me. Michael had yet to stop growing and was just getting taller and taller than me.
"What do you have planned for tonight, Mr. Perfect-Surprise."
"You'll see. Until then," He pauses.
"When do I get my surprise?"
"Tonight."
"Okay. What now?"
Anna comes in, "Happy birthday."
"Thanks."

"You know we usually cuddle, i thought the waiting for the surprise surprise would be something more, ya know, exciting."
"What do you want to do then Aid?"
"Not sure."
"Okay."

"This, this is what you wanted to do?"
"Yeah," I kissed at his jawline. "They wanted us to be fifteen. I'm fifteen now."
"Now is not the time," He pushes me away.
"It was the time back when you wanted to do it," I stare at him. His eyes were beautiful.
"Why don't we just watch TV. Aid please," His hands fidgeted at my hips.
"What's wrong?" Something was off with him. "Michael?"
"I don't want to talk about. If I do I'd ruin our relationship probably."
"Nothing could ruin us," I try to make him look at me. "Michael what's wrong?"
"Not on your birthday," He sniffles but he isn't crying. "I'm not ruining your fifteenth."
"I've had worse birthdays."
"No, Aidy. Just no," He pushes me off.
"Michael, what the hell is going on. Did you cheat on me or something?"
"Yes, okay."
"What," I didn't expect a yes. My lip quivers a bit as I lay motionless on his bed. "With who."
"No one important. I told you. I didn't want to ruin your birthday."
"What the hell! You were just going to wait until tomorrow and then try to act like nothing happened?" I was so angry. All things I'd done for him and this. This is what he returns.
"You don't understand Aidy," He breathes heavy. "You have no idea why."
"Because she was prettier than me. I wasn't good enough anymore and you couldn't stand to break my heart so you lied."