Vormir~ Wanda Maximoff

"This is crazy," I said as Steve and I were on our way to collect the soul stone.

We were flying to another planet, called Vormir. We got off the jet and looked around before we heard a voice, Steve instinctively raised his shield to protect me.

Steve recognised the.. thing... to be Red Skull, who he knew way back when. He told us that there was a price for the stone, a soul for a soul. We knew what he meant.

I went and sat on a rock, "I guess this is goodbye." He crouched down next to me, "I guess it is."

I placed my hand on his face, "tell Wanda I love her." He jumped up quickly, "no, I'm not letting you leave her." I held his hands in mine and told him, "you can't die, Steve. You're captain freakin america. And you've got America's ass."

"Y/n, no I can't just let you die," he told me. Tears streamed down both of our faces as we accepted the fact that I was going to die. "Thank you for being like a brother to me Steve, I will be forever grateful for it. Please take care of Wanda, and do me proud."

Steve's POV

I brushed my lips over y/n's knuckles, "please don't leave." She smiled at me before running over the edge. I ran after her, hooking my shield into the cliff, keeping her up.

"It's okay," she smiled.

"Let me go."

"No," I cried. She used her legs to kick off the cliff and I lost my grip on her hand. "NO." I cried. "Come back... please..."

I woke up with the stone in my hand and before I knew it, I was back in the Avengers' Facility. I saw Wanda look hopefully to my right side before glancing up at me.

"Where is she?" she asked, on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry Wanda, I'm so sorry," was all I could say. Everyone silently watched as she fell to her knees, knowing that the love of her life was gone.

Forever.

Sobs wracked through her body as she stood back up. I took her hands in my own and held them gently.

Wanda's POV

"She told me to tell you that she loves you," he said as he squeezed my hands. I shook my head, refusing to believe she was gone. She was my entire world. And she was gone.

We fought Thanos, and we won, for her. We held a beautiful funeral, but it just made me miss her more. Eventually everyone else on the team moved on, so why couldn't I.

Everyone keeps telling me it's not the end of the world but if that's true, then why does it feel like the end of the world.

Soon enough I realised the reason everyone keeps telling me it's not the end of the world is because it's not the end of THEIR world. They don't have to figure out how to live inside a world that's over, I do.

Every night I cry for hour and hours on end, I barely leave my room during the day, people have stopped checking in on me. The only reason I leave my room is because of her.

She motivates me to go out on missions and save people, so others don't have to go through the grief I'm experiencing. Nobody understands it until they've had a first hand experience.

Fury sent me and Steve on a mission, it was difficult to say the least. "How are you feeling?" Steve asked me. Numb. Empty. Lost. I just shrugged, I didn't feel like opening up to him.

I know it wasn't his fault but I can't help but feel a little bit of anger towards him for letting her go. "Wanda, please talk to me. She asked me to take care of you and I'm failing," he spoke up.

"Nothing is the same without her. I hate not waking up with her hair all over my face. I hate that she isn't here to interrupt me working because she wants to cuddle. I hate that I can't go on road trips with her just so we can sing loudly. I miss the feeling of always knowing I have someone there for me," I told him.

He placed a hand on my leg, " you've got me now."

I pulled out the folded up piece of paper from my pocket and began to read it, like I always do when I miss her.

Dear y/n

I know we'll never see each other again, and it's taken me a while to accept that but I know you'll be watching over me from heaven. You were an angel sent from above and I can't even begin to express how much I love you. I loved the feeling of waking up next to you. I miss how you'd always do that cute thing with your eyes and pout when you wanted me to cuddle with you. I know you wouldn't want me to grieve, you'd want me to go and live my life to the fullest. I hope you can read this from wherever you are, please just know I'll always love you.

Love Wanda

I put it back in my pocket, but noticed something on the floor of the jet. It was a note.

Dear Wanda,

If you've found this, it means I'm not there anymore. I'm writing this on my way to Vormir with Steve. I want you to know that I love you and I miss you a lot. Take as long as you need to grieve but please, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. I hope we can meet again in another lifetime, perhaps an afterlife does exist and we can live happily there, but for now, this will have to do. I promise I'll watch out for you, as long as you yell at anyone who disrespects any of our friends. I really hope you never have to find this, but if you do, I love you.

All my love, y/n

I cried as Steve read the note over my shoulder. He pulled me into his side in a warm embrace, before the jet began to spin out of control. I held onto Steve's hand, before my vision started to blur and black spots became visible in my peripheral vision. Then everything went black.

A/N: part 2??? what did you guys think :) I've just started sorry for your loss and I love it sm ahh I definitely recommend it