Chapter 21

Abel's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and took in the brightly lit room. I hadn't realized that the sun had already risen, it was morning. I brought the quilt closer to my chilled body, feeding off of its warmth. I wanted to sleep in longer, and I could since it was my day off. I sighed heavily and tried to lull myself back to sleep.

Soon I felt my eyes droop and my vision went black but just as soon as I closed my eyes I opened them once more. The loud creak of my door drew my attention and rid the bit of exhaustion that was left in my body. I quickly sat up and stared at the door, I felt myself instantly calm when I saw Helga's head poking in. She looked up at me.

"Oh my, I'm sorry did I wake you?" She stepped in and quietly closed the door behind her. I smiled and shook my head.

"No, I woke up a little while ago." I said and embraced her when she held out her hands. I sighed into her when I felt her lips on my temple, the warmth of it spreading around the area.

"Good I wouldn't want to wake you, did you sleep well?" She asked as she brushed her fingers through my hair, pulling out the knots. I nodded into her chest.

"The best in a while." I said. I hadn't realized just how sleep deprived I was, I got so used to going days without rest that I hadn't realized how much it caught up to me.

"That's good to hear, you tend to disregard it." She leaned down and peppered light kisses along my face. "What would you like to do today?" She smiled down at me.

I looked up at the concrete ceiling then out the window. It was still cold but the sun was out as opposed to yesterday where the sky stayed gloomy and dark.

"Why don't we go to that bunker." I said the first thing that popped into my mind. The bunker, I don't know what it was about that small underground room that made me so drawn to it. It felt like such an intimate place, we were the only ones who knew about it, it was secluded from everyone else we could just go and forget about the world for a day, only wrapped up and immersed in each other and nothing else.

It sounded wonderful.

"The bunker, I don't know Abel. It gets pretty cold down there this time of year." She said, her lips downturned. I frowned but nodded in understanding. "Maybe we could go out to the meadow,no one ever goes out there." She chimed up.

I immediately shook my head. "It's most likely covered in snow, let's just stay in here. I don't mind." I grabbed her waist and lifted her off the ground, she shrieked when I threw her on the bed.

"I mean I don't mind, it's your day off. We'll do whatever you want to and to be honest I'm kind of tired so staying in, snuggled up next to you doesn't sound too bad." She smiled and ran her hand across the expanse of my chest.

"Then that's what we'll do." I yawned, feeling the small ounce of exhaustion from earlier coming back.

"Hey, go back to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." She smoothed her palm across my cheek, warning the flesh. I nodded absentmindedly and curled into the warmth of her body. My eyes fell shut and my breathing slowed as I felt myself drift off to sleep.

_

I was awoken later by the forceful shaking of my body. I groaned in displeasure, still wanting to sleep but whoever was shaking me was relentless. I opened my eyes and squinted up at the person hovering over me. They were saying something but I couldn't hear or better yet I was still half asleep so it sounded like gibberish.

"What? " I said groggily. I sighed and sat up and rubbed at my eyes, relieving the sleep from them. When my sight was cleared I made out an irritated looking Helga, her brows were furrowed and her lips held a frown. "What's wrong? " I asked, now much more awake.