39 - HOW DID I GET HERE pt1

March 2021

QT

Apparently, for the MCND Age comeback, my company decided to give me more solo schedules and not gonna lie, I'm not used to be without the guys.
Here I am, at the Dive Studio building. Why? 'Cause I'm gonna be a guest on one of their podcasts, my favourite, to say the least. Yes, it's 'How Did I Get Here', the one hosted by Jae from DAY6 and AleXa.

Am I dying inside? Obviously yes, I mean it's my first true solo schedule where I'm not performing and I'm gonna meet one of my favourite artist.
Last week I was given the topic of the episode and oh my, I see now why they chose me. The topic? Being a fan.
Before sitting down to meet Alexa and start the recording I checked myself in the mirror one last time.
"Hi, I'm Alexa. Nice to meet you!" She said smiling brightly as she sat down.

Stay calm Taeyang, stay calm.

"Hi, Alexa sunbae! I'm QT nice to meet you as well"
"Shall we start?"
"Sure"
"Hey guys, welcome back! Today we have a special guest. Please say hi to our listeners"
"Don't move! FREEZE! Hi guys, I'm QT, the maknae of MCND and we recently started promoting one of our B-side tracks: Not Over from our last album MCND Age. Please listen to it if you haven't yet, thank you!"
"Yes, stan MCND!"
Alexa then did the usual intro.

"Sadly, even this week Jae can't be here"
"Yeah... Uhm I'm actually a Myday" I said lowkey looking down.
"Aw that's sad but... Ohoy this takes us to today's topic, which is being a fan"
"Exactly"

"So, fan: a person who has an interest or likes something, or somebody. Can refer to many things including sports, movie stars, food/drinks and so on. Basically, anybody that likes something. Ooh ok, another definition is: if you are a fan of a singer or musician, you enjoy their music and their personality and you listen to them a lot and know the words to their songs. I think we're gonna stick more on the second one"
"Yes"

"So, as we're both artists, our fans are a big part of our job"
"Exactly. Without their love and support, we're nothing much so we always try to give back as much as we can"
"Yes. But this doesn't stop us idols from being fans as well! As you said earlier, you're a fan of DAY6, right?"
"Ah yeh I really love their music! And uhm... Yours too! Stan Alexa, y'all!"

"Aww You're so sweet! Stan MCND as well! But yes! We both started as kpop fans. Me in 2008/2009 and you?"
"Uhm same... I used to listen to Nobody by Wonder Girls a lot when it trended both in Korea and in the Philippines"
"Philippines? Ohhh"
"Ah yes. My dad is Korean and my mom is Filipino, but I grew up in Italy"
"Oh Italy!"
"Yeh"

"2009 huh? How old are you again?"
"Oh, I was born in 2004"
"Ohmahgad you is Bebe" (a/n: if yk, yk and I love u) "Wait- You were only 5!?" She said shocked.
"Yeah But obviously I wasn't a 'stan' and the first group that I stanned was UNIQ in 2015"
"Oh I see. Which other groups did you stan since then?"

"Oh my uhm... A lot, but can I say them?"
"Sure!" Diane said from behind the cams.
"Oh ok. So uhm... SEVENTEEN, Twice, Day6, NCT, Stray Kids, JBJ, Dreamcatcher, TXT, Up10tion, X1, The Boyz, ATEEZ and uhm... M.O.L.A."
"Oh wow... That's a lot! So you are more on the 3rd gen and 4th gen"
"Yeah" I laughed off.

"And have you ever met any of them?"
"I met, obviously Up10tion since we're in the same company... I met X1 because I'm friends with Dohyon and he gave me a backstage pass to a fan meet for my birthday since he knew I'm a big fan of Seungyoun oppa since he was promoting with UNIQ and I got close to all of them... Then I met Donghan sunbae because I met WEi and I'm friends with Junseo oppa, Yohan oppa, Yongha oppa and most importantly, KWiN unnie... I was a special MC once with Taehyun sunbaenim from TXT. And lastly, I met some of the NCT members since my cousin is Sungchan"

"That's some fangirl goals! But wait, you mentioned mola earlier, can you enlighten me since I don't know them?"
"Oh Sure! So uhm, it's a coed independent group consisting of WOODZ oppa, Vernon sunbaenim, Kino sunbaenim, Nathan sunbaenim, Hoho sunbaenim and Jamie sunbaenim"
"Oh"

A/n: ok this is getting too long hahaha I divided it into more chapters sosz