46 - SHIN YECHAN

A/n: I wanted to make a chapter dedicated to him since I'm so proud of him and he's gonna debut in a few hours 😭😭😭😭😭

17 March 2021

QT

Not gonna lie, I felt really sad when after 1The9's disbandment, Yechan decided to not sign with our company again and we lost contact for a while. When I asked about him to the other boys, they would always tell me that they don't know either, but cmon, they can't lie to me.
About 2 months ago, my friend from Italy called me crying, saying that one of her favorite groups disbanded.

Two days ago she then called me, talking about this new upcoming group and she told me how many think that one of the members is a former member of ENOi, a group that disbanded not long ago. So I decided to check it out and I ended up putting on my notifications for their channel.
Today we stayed more in the practice room organizing stuff. It was past midnight already and we were getting ready to leave.

"Yah Aegi, your friend is calling you again" Win said pointing at my phone that was charging in a corner.
"Who? Kae?"
"I think so"
"Hey Kae! What's up?"
"You're awake right? I didn't wake you up?"
"No no, we were about to leave the studio"
"Have you seen the last Omega X trailer?!"

"Huh? What about it?"
"FANS ARE SAYING THAT IT'S YECHAN! SHIN YECHAN"
"WHAT?! YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?"
"GO WATCH IT! Also good night, miss you!"
"Have a nice evening and miss you too! Bye!"
"Hey! What happened? Why did you scream?" Huijun asked concerned.
"Oh nothing much... Just Mr. Ghoster oppa"

"Huh?"
"Aish- Just watch this with me" I quickly played the trailer.
"Wait- That style-"
"Yechanie?"
"THAT'S WHAT FANS ARE SAYING TOO! Oh and look at the comments pointing out the birthday and the number at the end"
"Wha-what are you doing Aegi?"
"Asking him directly"
"Put it on speaker"

"Would he pick up, though?"
"Shhh- Hey oppa!"
"Oh Taeyangie! How is my favorite dongsaeng doing?"
"How am I doing? Oh I don't know, Sir I-Am-Debuting-Again"
"You saw the Omega X trailer, didn't you?"
"Oh hell yes if we did, hyung"
"Oh, you guys are all there"
"So it is really you!"

"Yes, it's me... I wanted to tell you everything myself, but I forgot you're still a fangirl"
"But you told the others earlier, right?"
"Only Yongha hyung, Taewoo hyung and the 03z"
"Knew it! But wait, oppa"
"Hm? What is it?"
"I'm seriously asking for a friend, is the boy number 2 a member of ENOi? She was a big fan of them"

"I don't think he can tell us, Cutiepie"
"I mean- I could tell you but only if you can assure me that they won't spread it around"
"Oh yeah! She always keeps secrets well and oppa, your fans are smarter than you think"
"HUH?! We have fans already!?"
"Shh Jeonghoon hyung!"
"Thank you for telling me it was him, oppa! My friend will be so happy! She's a RAYS"

"Ok now bye Cutie-yah-"
"Oh wow he hung up on himself-"
"QT spoiler queen is back y'all! Gotta tell Kae"
"Hm... Are you sure it's a good idea?"
"If one of my fave groups disbanded and one of you got to know that one of the members is gonna redebut, would you hide it from me? A heartbroken fangirl? See, you wouldn't. So now lemme tell Kae" and with that, during our way home I talked on the phone with Kae delivering these infos for her.