chapter 1: Bone tired

Applejack pov

I sighed leaning my head against my hands. Staring up at the ticking clock on the white colored wall.

looking outside of the classroom window, where i was seated at. I sighed once more, just wanting to hear the satisfying yet ear ringing sound of the bell. All I wanted was to be out of the classroom.

My eyes happen to travel over to the girl seated in the front row of the classroom.

Unconsciously a smile formed across my face.

I felt my cheeks turn red and butterflies floated all around my stomach. I just couldn't get myself to focus on the work that was presented to me.

All I could really do was look at her.....

"you seem distracted. Something on your mind?"

sunset questioned me while nuding my shoulder teasingly. I felt the blood rush to my orange cheeks.

As I turned over to Sunset. She's just a friend of mine that i really cared about right? Nothing more than that.

"H-huh why i-." My sentence was cut off short when the teacher called on my name sharply.

"AppleJack do you know the answer to number four?" He said, a bit amused.

Almost as if he wanted me to get the question wrong. Stammering over my words, my face flushed in embarrassment.

"uhh its uh.." still i had no clue what the answer could be. Maybe I could take a guess for it.

"pst pst Applejack." Sunset whispered to me. "It's A."

Quickly I answered his question. ¨Um A.¨ I sighed in relief when he nodded as he called upon the next student. 

I stared at my blank paper. I figured I would just do it later for homework. Eventually I heard the bell ring. Quickly Grabbing my green and brown book bag. 

I hurried out of the classroom. Not wanting to be late for my job. At this point I was tired of this same old situation. Making smoothies isn't the worst thing. But on a hot spring day. It is quite tiresome. Who am I to complain?

 I have things such as bills to pay for both the barn and the house.

As I walked through the sea of classmates and students I happened to bump into Rarity.

"Hiya Rarity." the tone in my voice was a bit more nervous than usual.

"Hello darling. Me and the girls are having a sleepover party." she squealed as she pranced. "Did you want to join us?"

My eyebrows narrowed as I bit my lip. "Sorry, Rare I have work today. Never catch a darn break." I said in frustration while shaking my head.

"Im sorry Applejack." she looked into my eyes while grabbing my shoulder. Finally making it over to my locker. I grabbed my phone, checking the time.

"Do you have work on the weekends?" she questioned me.

"Yeah, see y'all later."i said hastily. Giving rarity a wave goodbye, i jogged out of the school building. Waiting on the corner for a bus. I stood there counting my money. "This should be enough. After I get paid, I'll have all I need to pay off the bills." i smiled to myself knowing it was payday.

After waiting there for about five minutes, the bus came to its arrival. In a hurry, I leaped onto the bus full of a hive of people. Texting onto their glowing screens, or the kids throwing food near the back of the bus. The pregnant woman with her baby in the carriage. It seemed like she couldn't get it to stop crying. I would probably have to hear this for about an hour.