chapter 23: what if i kissed you?

Applejack Pov

"RARITY!!! APPLEJACK!!!!!" We both heard pinkie yell from a distance. Blushing heavily, I looked into her eyes. It felt like another one of those moments where I was supposed to kiss her. But timing just didn't allow me to.

I knew exactly what she was going to say. Or at least I think. If it's what I heard then yes. 'I do feel more than friendship.' I wish I could verbalize. I wish I could hear her say it. Unconsciously I grabbed her wrist before she followed the sound of Pinkie.

"Rare wait. I ain't get to hear the rest of your question." She looked back at me as her eyes widened. As the color red spread more through her cheeks, another shooting star flew by.

"I, I said." She struggled to build back up her courage. "Is it me that feels....more..than.." she looked down and bit her lip. Just as she was about to finish up her sentence. Instinctively I pulled her closer. Before I realized it, her lips were so close to mine. Nearly brushing against mine. Blushing madly, I was about to pull away until she pulled me closer.

"Apple wait...." she said as she brushed my bangs from out of my face and ran her hands through some of my messy blond hair. Her hand, now resting on my left cheek.

This isn't the first time I've been super close to her. To the point where I could smell her lavender scented hair, or my senses picked up the smell of her cherry lip balm.

"Rare..."I mumbled.

Third pov

Fluttershy was happily seated with Twilight talking about the structure of bird feathers. Just as she was about to speak about one of her favorite types of birds, the Herons.

A tiny squirrel crawled up onto her leg and into her palm.

"Why hello there tiny critter." she said as she petted it.

"Oh what's that?" The small animal whispered in her ear. "Oh my is that so." she then shook her head in an understanding manner.

She then put down the squirrel. "I'll be right back, Twi. I'll go get pinkie. We will find Applejack and Rarity in a solid 3 minutes. We should give them a moment."

The squirrel let Fluttershy be aware of the moment that Rarity and Applejack were sharing.

Fluttershy then ran out of the house.

"Pinkie." she squeaked.

"Yes." she replied. Her vocal cords were a little tired after yelling the whole day. Pinkie felt that she needed her daily dose of sugars.

"Give them a moment." Fluttershy said with a heartwarming smile.

Fluttershy saw a firefly pass by. "Wait, little friend." she said as she jogged up. "I need your help."

The firefly stopped flying and turned around to the yellow skinned girl. "Did you happen to spot two girls walking down that field?" Fluttershy asked the glowing creature. 

It made insect-like noises that Fluttershy could somehow decipher.

"That's wonderful!" she said as she clapped her hands. "Can you and your friends light up the field that they are in. It would really set...." she then put her hand over her mouth and came close to the tiny critter and whispered. "...A romantic tone." she said with a high pitched giggle.

The tiny firefly nodded its head and quickly flew off. Fluttershy smiled to herself.

As Rarity Stood there, caressing the left cheek of the girl who was madly blushing. Both of them noticed the shining beams.