Chapter 38: Impurities

RARITY POV:

The table was quieter than usual and I felt that maybe it was a stupid idea to talk even though I know that this is a situation that needs to be handled.

"Mom '' I finally spoke up. "This has to stop. I really don't want all of this fighting anymore." I paused as I then contemplated my words. "If it weren't for her.... I could have been hospitalized again. she saved my life.'' I gulped as I then followed up with. "You owe her an apology."

"I don't see where I owe her anything."

"I stopped her from taking those pills! I'm trying my best but it appears all of the efforts are in vain, every time I think tension between you and I is clearing up. you somehow have a way of proving me wrong. And I ain't never deserved the foul behavior you have shown me. And I ain't gonna put up with it no more. But one thing I will keep in mind is my promise. and I will protect her."

"protect her? by leaving this mess here on the floor where she has easy access to consuming one of these. What if her little sister found one of those? you didn't at least think 'hey maybe I should clean the old mess up'." Cookie mocked.

" I don't sound like that, second I can't handle everything at once. I'm trying my darnest but I'm only one person." Apple conjured in her defense.

"Well maybe your hardest isn't enough."

"Well, do you think yours is? You and dad are never around. It always feels like you two have more important things to do. Like you somehow are always forgetting about me. Apple visited me every single day I was comatose. I always heard her voice speaking to me. Even sing to me. But you, it feels like I have to work so hard for you to even notice I'm here. And when you do notice you always have some sort of rude remark. pourquoi es-tu comme ça avec moi? " I voiced in deep fustraction.

"Because I want the best for you! I want you to be the best of the best. Je veux que tu sois brillant! I want you to be taken care of. I want you to be happy." Her eyes leaked.

"Do you think you are making me happy by treating my friend like this? Mom, Je l'aime beaucoup. So please...stop this..." I begged.

She then looked towards the floor as she bit her bottom lip. "I am going to clean this mess up. Then I'll make you something to eat." I gagged internally.

She got up from the table as she grabbed a broom that was nestled neatly on the side. She swept up the pills laying amongst the floor.

Crossing my arms, I got up from my seat and headed towards my room. Apple followed.

"Rarity?" Apple called my name gently as she found herself searching for words.

"Yes?" I looked up at her as I sat down on the edge of my bed.

"When I'm around you. When you are close to me." Her face flushed as she tried to not make her question sound awkward. Though a small small curve in my lips.

"Do you feel safe?" She blew her bangs.

"I don't see why I wouldn't? If I'm being honest" I mirrored her words. "I feel the safest when I'm with you. Whenever you're near me because I know you care. Because I know that you want the best for me. You have always been the best to me out of the both of us. I was the one with the shortcomings. I somehow always manage to hurt you. Even if those words aren't coming from me."

"Rarity I thought we both agreed to leave the past in the past."

"Well I can't." I emphasize.

"If it's not me hurting you, then it's my mom. I don't want to cause you pain like this anymore. I know it's frustrating. I know it bothers you. I know you Apple." She looked back and scratched her head.