Chapter 20: Adagios little crush

RARITY POV

I was walking into the lunchroom, I sat down at the table and there was utter silence. Applejack had an angry look settled on her face while Sunset Shimmer looked rather angry at the girls.

"Um girls? Did I miss something?" I asked while taking a bite out of my salad.

"No!" they all said in unison.

"So how is your modeling career going?" Fluttershy asked as she tried to start up a conversation. Though there seemed to be a lot of tension circulating throughout the table.

"You know about me working under EGBI?" I questioned while stuffing a tomato inside of my mouth.

"You've been trending everywhere Rarity. " she said with a very proud smile. "How do you like it so far? Is it as bad as the rumors?" Fluttershy questions.

"O-oh" I stuttered. "It's just wonderful. I have so many friends. Everyone just adores me." I awkwardly lied while looking over to the side.

Applejack for a moment looked over at me concerned. As if she knew something was off. But instead decided to stay quiet.

"That's great."Fluttershy said while clapping her hands together in glee.

I sat down in the lunchroom just wondering why the girls were quiet. Out of all of them, Sunset Shimmer looked the most alone.

"Hi sunset." I said vigorously, taking another bite out of the salad.

"Hey Rarity." she said with a wave.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"Oh it's just swell." She said annoyed as she looked over at Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Twilight.

"Are you sure I didn't miss anything? You all seem.... I don't know... so tense." I said while picking at the last bits of my salad.

"Feeling a little grateful I missed advisory." I said a little disgusted

"Maybe if someone ain't have a big mouth, we wouldn't be in this mess." Applejack said while crossing her arms as she blew her bangs.

"Huh?" I said a bit confused.

"And maybe if someone actually trusted her friend instead of accusing her of lying we wouldn't be in this dispute." Sunset said while dropping her sandwich back onto her plate.

"Oh you think you're so smart." Applejack looked over while standing up from her seat.

"None of this is even my fault." Sunset yelled. "You won't even bother to believe me."

"Oh and somehow I'm just supposed to believe you?" Applejack questioned while pointing her finger.

"Yes! If there is anyone to blame it would be them." Sunset said while pointing her hand in the direction of Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

"Woah woah woah! Don't throw me in this." Rainbow Dash too got up from her seat, yelling in Sunset Shimmer's face.

"You, Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy threw yourselves in it by going off to spy" Sunset replied.

"Spy on who?" Applejack looked over to Sunset.

"Well Rainbow Dash. Would you like to tell them about your brilliant idea?" Sunset too, crossed her arms.

"What brilliant idea?" Applejack spit out.

"Guys please stop." Twilight yelled in attempts to get all of the other girls to stop arguing. "Fighting isn't going to make this any better."