Chapter 29: Empty

Rarity pov

"Applejack wait! I'm sorry...." I said, grabbing her wrist. She paused for a moment. In clear hesitation.

"I thought you had a reputation to uphold. Or am I wrong?...Ain't I?" She said, pulling her wrist away from me. Even though her voice was as crisp as stone. In her eyes I could see hurt and that very sweet vulnerable, tender girl who has loved me before.

Not letting go just yet I spoke. "Applejack..."I looked down as I searched for words to say. "I hate not being around you. We shouldn't let our past...get in the way of us. Can we.....Can we please just be friends again?" I asked in desperation.

Her eyes softened and widened slightly. She didn't seem quite as tense. Yet on guard as her eyes slightly became glossy .

"Rarity I..I never said i wasn't gon be your friend.....Its just" she breathed in heavily as she held back tears.

I felt some of the people within the area lay their eyes on both me and Apple. Which made me nervous.

"Its just...I've never felt that kinda pain before Rarity. I ain't gonna sugarcoat it. You really did break me. If I'm being honest. I still am. I ain't gonna lie about...." She then but her head down and looked up to me a bit more firmly. Maybe she was trying to put her feelings behind her.

"Don't get me wrong Rarity, I'll always love you. Don't think I won't." She mirrored my words. " I just have to find a way to make it platonic.....I also, I just need time, rare." She said as she gently pulled her wrist away from me. Finally walking away.

Holding my own hand tightly. I sighed as i too felt pain, guilt and heartbreak. Maybe she was right. Maybe I shouldn't let the people above me control my life. Its so much easier said than done though.

I then too, sighed. In hopes that she would forgive me.

"Everything okay." I saw Twilight walk up a bit awkward.

"Yes everything is just fine." I said a bit frustrated. "I guess I'm just angry with myself. Je suis stupide."

"Is it because what happened between you and Applejack?" Twilight asked.

"You guys knew about us breaking up?" I asked.

"Wellllllll..." she dragged. "It was pretty ovi." she said with a small shrug. "I know things are hard for you two right now but just clear your mind and try to enjoy the event. Also, we gotta perform in an hour. As of now just try to ease your mind. Okay?" she suggested with a beam.

"Yeah" I said with a halfway smile.

"Hey about we get some punch? I'm parched." The pink and purple haired girl asked.

"I think I'll pass. I'm not thirsty." I replied.

"C'mon, sweet drinks always cheer me up." she nudged me with a smile.

Just as we were walking to grab some drinks. I couldn't help but observe the scene that played ahead of us.

"C'mon Sunset. I want to start anew. Look, I can be better, I promise." Flash said grabbing onto Sunsets hand. Who looked uncertain.

"I know what I done was wrong and I'm willing to be better to you Sunny" He said with a see through smile.

It looked as though the redhead wanted to believe him. Her necklace was nowhere in sight. I wish she were wearing it now.

"Well what do you say?" He said as if he were already certain she would take him back.

"I..." She stuttered.