Chapter 21: point of view

Applejack pov

I laid inside of my room and stared at the photos that were plastered across the wall. One of them in particular stood out. It was a picture of me and Granny. 

Rubbing the match on the hard red texture paper that was glued onto the box. I put the small fire to the end of the cigarette and took in a huge whiff of smoke.

 In an odd way, it would ease the pain for a while. It has been around 2 months since she passed away. I couldn't help but wonder how I would spend my birthday, Christmas, or any other special occasions. 

Family gatherings. This Sunday, tomorrow. We are to hold a gathering committed to Granny Smith herself. I don't even know if I have the muscle to pull through with that. 

I just miss her being the one in control, the one who took the role of my mother. I just wish she were here right now. I wish her ghost, her essence could just give me a sign.

 What am I to do without you? What am I supposed to do without her around to guide me?

 "Granny, I miss you."

 I spoke out loud. Holding back the liquid that wanted to seep through my eyes. I instead filled up a bowl with vinegar, to dampen the harsh smell of cigarettes

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adagio Pov

Sunset looked down at me, holding her hand out. Dusting her hand away, I got up on my own.

"Sorry about that." a sunset shimmer spoke to me, scratching the back of her head.

"Yeah, yeah" I replied while rolling my eyes. Rarity softly nudged my side and whispered "Adagio, be nice".

"Sorry" I muttered to Rarity. "You're okay honey." I said a little too strictly to Sunset

" Also I apologize for what I have brought onto you and your friends. I understand if you cannot forgive me." I apologized. 

In those exact moments, i felt shame for numerous reasons. Maybe I was showing signs of weakness. Maybe I was coming off as too vulnerable. 

Maybe I hated the act of apologizing. Maybe what I hated the most was the pain I put Rarity and her friends through.

Sunset looked at me in deep question. Reluctantly, she grabbed my hand and closed her eyes, a glow seeped through the creases of them. Maybe she was using leftover, escaped equestrian magic that bled into this world.

As she opened up her eyes, with a green undertone.  She gave a honest smile, it was warm, by no means empty.

"I forgive you. I, too, was consumed by dark magic. But through people like her." she said as she looked over towards Rarity. " have taught me the values of friendship and how to direct the magic in a better light. I'm pretty sure you could do the same." she said while placing my hand to my heart.

She's close, she's pretty, she's hot. And what did she just say? Something about directing magic in a better light? Yeah? Maybe I should just nod. 

I did so with a small blush on my face. Panicking a little bit, I moved my hand from out her grasp and decided to start with maybe small talk.

"What brings you by, Red?" I asked.

"Yeah, I didn't know you would be at the mall. I thought you had plans with Rainbow." Rarity said as she ran her hands through her long thick purple curls.