Chapter 16: A date?

Applejack pov

It was a Saturday. Finally the day for me and Rarity to go out. I laid in my bed. Warn out from my heavy loaded day of work. For some reason, i felt nervous. Its been a while since it was me and her together.

 Since we were alone together. Not in school, not around our friends. But just us, for some reason that gives me chills. 

For some reason that gives me butterflies. The worst part about it is I can't tell if she can feel this air too.

Is it just me?

I hope not. I'm not the type to dress up. But maybe just this once. Not that it matters. She doesn't like me like that anyways. Not that I'm trying to impress her.

Gulping, I looked in my closet and grabbed my best pair of brown cowgirl boots. I reached for a cowgirl hat that Rarity made for me not too long ago.

 I decided I would wear a dark green flannel shirt with a white tank top underneath. High waist jeans that were dark blue. After putting on the clothes, I looked in the mirror.

I decided I would brush out my light blond locks. I tied it back up with my red hair tie. I once again decided to just stare and look in the mirror. Good enough, I shrugged and sat down on my bed.

I laid back wondering what the rest of the day held.

I heard a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Apple Bloom. Can I come in? I think I left my phone in here again." she said in casual child like voice.

"Come on in." i said not bothering to open the door for her.

She came inside my room, looking around for her phone. She eventually spotted it. Just as she was about to head out. She paused in her tracks and looked at me.

"What?"i asked.

"Are you leaving out again?" she asked.

"I'm going to see a friend." I said with a smile on my face.

"Lemme guess. Rarity." she said with a smirk.

"You only know that because you looked at my phone the other day."

"It doesn't change the fact that it's Rarity. You totally like her." she teased and ran out my room with a huge fit of laughter.

Sighing, I decided to just ignore it. It's not like she's wrong. I put my phone inside of my back pocket and walked down the stairs. 

I went to the refrigerator and decided I would snack on an apple. While I was taking my last few bites. I heard a knock on the door. Heading towards the door. 

I opened it up. It was Rarity. She looked beautiful as ever. She didn't have her typical side part, this time a middle part.

 Her hair had looser curls framing her face in a way I never saw before. Her lips looked delicate and plump, a bright shade of pale pink. She had rosy cheeks, with instead a shade of light pink eye shadow that was blended at the outer parts of her eyelids.

 She had on a white shirt with puffy long sleeves with a tight high waist pencil skirt. She had on a black beret. Accompanied with black heels. She was wearing long white gloves that reached her elbow.

She looked stunning, beautiful. Trying to stop admiring her beauty, I tried to start up a conversation.

"Hello Darling. " It appears that she did before me.

"Hey y'all" I said, a little nervous. Though she seemed more like herself today. Her confidence was screaming.

"You look nice." she said with a tender smile.