Chapter 25: Repressed feelings

Palms glued to her face. She felt the tears drip down her reddened cheeks. "C'mon Rarity, pull it together." she said to herself in a panic

As Rarity heard a knock on the door she then cleared her throat, including her face. Without opening the door, she quietly answered. "Yes?"

"Everything alright sugar cube?" Applejack asked as she leaned her head towards the door.

"I-I'm okay." Rarity said as she sniffled.

"Rarity? Please, open the door." she said, her voice rather gentle.

Rarity opened up the door, latching on the Applejack pretty tightly. Applejack, a little shocked by her actions, tenderly she held her back.

"Rare?"Her tone was confused but loving. She only held her tighter when she realized the smaller girl only cried harder. "It's alright Rarity, It's going to be alright. Shuu it's okay." she said as she ran her hands through the locks of Rarity's lavender hair.

After a few more minutes passed by, finally the pale girl's grip loosened. Applejack leaned back, but her hands rested on the girl's arms. "Better?" she asked.

"Y-yes"Rarity answered. As Rarity glanced around, the rest of the girls were asleep. She had hoped she had not disturbed their rest.

"I think you should head back to sleep. Just for a little while. You need to clear that mind of yours." She then gave a warm smile. "And your pretty face." she added as she kissed her on the forehead.

"C'mon." her fingers intertwined with Rarity's as they both walked around the other girls. They both got into their sleeping bags. Which were nested side by side.

Applejack Pov

I could feel that she was in worry. But what about?

Inching closer to her slightly, I started to rest my eyes. Hoping I would drift off into a doze. Until I felt a warm right hand cup my cheek. Opening my eyes, right away they connected with her blue ones.

"I never got to say it back." she said a bit shyly. Though the undertone of her voice was filled with worry, it had love.

"Say what?" I rested my hand on her right hand. Holding it slightly, not all the way due to her hand caressing my cheek. Every now and then her thumb brushed against my bottom lip.

"That I love you too." She said with a distraught smile. Her eyes focused as she searched for words. "No matter what happens I always will. Even if..." she paused. "...something wrong took place."

She then leaned over and kissed me passionately. This lasted longer than your typical peck. As if this were the last time she'd kiss me again.

Finally breaking away, my face lit up in a shade of burgundy. "I promise." She lastly added.

"Rarity? What do you mean by that?" I asked a bit concerned, my voice remained calm.

"I..." she grabbed her head in deep thought. "Just don't worry about it now." she said as she turned the other way, not even a minute later I heard her soft snores.

The poor girl must be stressed. I hope everything is alright. Before I knew it. I too was fast asleep until.

"PINKIE LET GO OF MY PHONE!!!!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Oooooh, who's Spitfire?" Pinkie said with a teasing undertone.

"PINKIE!" She yelled pretty embarrassed.

Rubbing my eyes, I turned to my phone. It was now 10 o'clock in the morning.

"Darn it y'all. Do y'all have to be so loud?" I said, covering my head in the sleeping bag.