Chapter 2: smoke it away

Applejack pov 

I woke up the next morning, right away knocking out my daily hygiene routine. Hopping in the shower, brushing my teeth, washing my hair. I stood in the bathroom with my towel on.

I observed the skin care products Rarity gave to me and smiled. If i'm being my honest self. I just don't have no time for it. I slipped on a green plaid jacket and light blue jeans.

With a black belt going across. I put on my pair of brown cowgirl boots and my cowgirl hat to accompany it.

Right away after that I walked out of my home to run a few aarons. Soon after that paid all of the bills that were due on time. I just had to find a new job since Big Mac couldn't work at the time.

I felt my phone vibrate a few times to see that I got a text message from Apple Bloom. Telling me to come home. That it was very, very urgent.

Speed walking the whole way, I rushed home. Grabbing the keys from my back pocket, opening up the door to see if everything was okay.

"Apple Bloom?"

I walked into the living room, with the pale green colored walls that I recently installed last week. I saw everyone sitting down on the couch.

Looking at me, as if I could have done something wrong. But whose stare broke though the most had to be Granny Smiths.

Her stare was the strongest of them all. So strong, it could have pierced through my chest and I would never recover.

"Y-y'all alright?"I stuttered over my words.

"Huh? Speak up, I can't hear you." Granny said while holding her hand over her ear.

"I said y'all alr-" right away Granny cut off my sentence.

"I heard you Applejack." Her tone became very narrow. "Why didn't ya fix the sink yesterday? It's still leaking."

"Huh? I did fix the sink. I spent five hours busting my back last night." I said quickly in my defense.

"Nope." Right away he said, denying my claim.

"Yes I did."I said more firmly this time. "How could it be broken again?" i said feeling pretty glum and useless for all of the effort i put into fixing the sink. Just so the next day, it would be completely broken.

"Nope."Granny said while crossing her arms, swaying her head.

"Are y'all making me out to be a liar." I pointed my finger at the two of them.

"Yep." Big Mac stated tonelessly.

"Honest, I worked my butt off with that sink. I had a long day of work. And yall outta make me out as a liar? I never catch a break. I have school, I do all of the chores that Big Mac does cause he broke his arm on a date. What in tarnation? I cook, I clean, I do everything. I mess up on one thing and y'all don't share no sympathy. What more do y'all want from me?"

I said hollering across the room.

"Maybe what you're doing just ain't enough?"Apple Bloom suggested with built up guilt behind her throat.

"Apple Bloom, you don't do nothing. All you do is sit on your butt and act like a spoiled brat. You never do your chores. Then ya know what Granny tells me? Go clean up your messes. I practically do everything for Big Macintosh cause now he's immobile. Granny is granny for a reason. She is not like she was five years ago. I'm stuck doing everyone's work. Plus I have myself to take care of. How in hell am I going to keep up with the bills when I have school and just lost my job?"

"Your job?" Apple Bloom squeaked.

"Applejack, why wont you just try to calm down?" Granny's tone softened up just a bit.

"I'm rolling with pressure and it's not like you're doing nothing to help!"I roared out of pure anger and also from being under the overload of pressure.

"If i were you, I'd watch my mouth." Big Mac stood, now pointing his finger directly in my face. And I quickly slapped it right from my space.

"I just can't do this no more!" I walked out of my house, slamming the door. I ran off into the barn shutting the doors behind me.

Buried underneath the piles of hay, I found my secret stash of cigarettes. In a metallic red box that had be unlocked with a key. Picking the lock with the pin in my hair. I opened the box.

Eagerly lighting a match to my cigarette and inhaling all of the dangerous toxic particles. Afterwards blowing off the angered steam.

It stayed like that for around fifteen minutes until I felt myself coming back to my senses. I felt the ringing of my phone within my pocket. Checking to see who it was, it was just pinkie. I swiped left, ignoring her call.

I just couldn't be bothered at the moment. I couldn't be bothered right now. Nor didnt i want to be around anyone.

A few hours passed by and still I was pumping waves of smoke through my lungs. I didn't want to make this into an often habit. But i just been so stressed.

If I recall correctly, I only smoked four or five times. Never did i know until i tried, it would ease the pain temporarily. As the sky darkened, just drops of salted water fell from the heavens.

Like a bucket of water being poured on the barn, now the rain began to stomp on the roof. As it poured down, I began to smell all the pure earth around me. Drowning out the smell of my cigars.

I heard Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom looking for me. But honestly I didn't want to be bothered with them.

I grabbed a huge amount of hay, hiding underneath the pile. Then I heard the small voice of Apple Bloom stating "Applejack please come out? I'm sorry. Applejack where are you?"

"C'mon Apple Bloom we don't have time, we have to go now. He said as if he were shaking.

I heard him utter other words. None of them were clear.

"Apple Jack! Granny passed out!"

AN: 💖

Hello my fellow gays, straight and people who don't like labels. I worked very hard in making the second chapter. I really do hope that you enjoy reading this piece. I know some of you guys are looking for some quick rarijack moments. Which I promise there will be a lot in the next chapter. I just wanted to add some development to the characters and the main two so the relationship between Applejack and Rarity feels very impactful. Well I hope all of you have a nice day/night. Ciao.💖