Chapter 28: Scarlet lies

Applejack pov

The air got very quiet and I gulped deeply. The only sound that escaped were the droplets that splashed on the black colored grown harshly. Hoping I heard her wrong. This couldn't be. Was it?

"Rarity you don't mean that do you?......"Searching for words I felt my eyes tearing but I decided I would hold them back. I felt the need to take a huge whiff of smoke.

"I don't understan Rarity. Is it because of earlier? Did I do somethin wrong? How do I fix this?" I asked retaining the water that wanted to slip from my eyes.

"Apple....It's not you. It's me. I..."she said as she choked on her words. "It's just my mom, my company.....A photo got leaked of us kissing. I'm not allowed to date..i...My company restricts it. My mom also saw the photo. But she hates you, she's hates that i kissed...a...girl."she said the last word rather ashamed, guilty, and saddened.

The rain soaks her hair as she somewhat avoids eye contact.

I balled my fist nervously as I couldn't fight one tear that slipped from out of my left eye. Though would it be seen due to the rain? I gasped trying not to break right then and there.

"If I knew about the way my mom,.... my company would view us.... I would have never dated you. I'm so sorry."she said with tears, too slipping from her eyes.

"Don't tell me that Rarity!"I yelled emotionally with tears rolling down my tomato stained face. "How much longer are you going to let people control your life?" I nearly shouted. "When are you going to make your own decisions? Further than us. When will you ever put your foot down?"

Shamefully rubbing my eyes, I continued. "If you were ashamed of me? Ashamed that i'm a girl Rarity. Why did you even go out with me? I guess....our relationship was better before, than now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it Rare." I said feeling the urge to cry.

"You wouldn't understand, Applejack. I have other things in my life to worry about than just you." she too slipped out with blue droplets running down her face.

"Then why did you kiss me? Tell me you loved me? Flirt with me? A-ask me to dance with you........Why... Why did you lead me on? Huh?"I shouted, waiting for her to reply. But all she did was look down. Avoiding eye contact.

Asking the question again with a yelp, I stepped closer to her desperate for a response. " Why did you lead me on?!" wiping my tears once more until I saw the smaller girl break into a small cry.

"Because I didn't think it would end this way!" she said in a messy sob. "I thought we could be together, for a very long time, but...."she said as she began to hiccup. "People are always gonna look into my personal life, Applejack." she then mumbled. "I don't know why I didn't take that into consideration."

She then looked up to me, eyes glassy. "I told you I'll always love you no matter what. Don't think i won't....I'm sorry" she then looked around scared someone heard us. "I...I have to go." she said as she walked past me.

Looking back I saw her running off to a black car as she covered her face and cried. Yet I felt that very same emotion. Sadness. The rain only poured harder and by that time. I knew I would catch a cold if I stayed out any longer. But I just didn't care.

Letting my knees fall to the ground. Bruising slightly. I let out a sharp wail. Grasping the collar of my shirt, I hugged myself for comfort.

Frantically shaking and giving out weak breaths. Almost as if I were gasping for air.

It hurts so much, not only mentally but physically. I held my heart as the rain ran through my blond locks.

Tears again rolling down my cheeks, Though they would be overshadowed by the violent strands of water that leaked from the heavens.