Poly Hamilsquad

John met Laf first. He'd been traveling through Europe the summer before he went back to America from living in London for five years. He'd stopped in Paris for a week before moving on to Italy for a few days.

Laf had been at the Eiffel Tower with some friends at the same time as John was sightseeing. Laf came up to him and asked for his number and to take him on a date. John let him.

The two had a brief fling while John skipped out on Italy, Spain, and Germany. Their whirlwind romance was cut short when John moved back to America.

The next person John met was Alex. Alex was in his law class that his father insisted on him majoring in, but in return, he paid for John to minor in zoology. John knew that he probably wasn't going to use his law degree, but taking the course kept his father happy so he kept quiet.

Anyway, Alex. John was intrigued the first time the human hurricane known as Alexander Hamilton walked through the classroom door, arguing light-heartedly with James Madison. Alex slipped into the seat next to him, and John fell, hard.

He stayed up all that night talking to Laf because Alex was already swamped with work. Laf was excited too because he'd met someone, a guy called Thomas Jefferson.

Alex walked into the classroom the next day and passed out on the floor next to his seat. The teacher, Professor Washington, just sighed and asked John to take him back to his dorm.

That was when John met Hercules, Alex's roommate. A bear of a man, he just groaned when he saw Alex and picked him up, putting him to bed with firm instructions to John to stay where he was.

He came back once Alex was tucked up and John worriedly asked if he was okay. Herc just chuckled and said that he was sleep-deprived. Then he asked John to go out for a drink with him. Well, who was John to refuse?

Weeks passed, and Laf decided that he was going to transfer to Princeton, the college John attended. John was, naturally, extremely excited.

However, with Laf came Thomas Jefferson. John didn't like Thomas Jefferson. Alex, thankfully, agreed with him after actually meeting the guy.

"He's so fucking pompous and arrogant and James is friends with him and it's really not fair because Jemmy used to have decent morals but that monster has ruined him..." Alex ranted to John.

John silently agreed, but he just hummed as he continued writing his essay for his zoology class. Laf burst into his and John's dorm room, panting. Alex's rant was cut off as he checked Laf out.

"Well, hello," he purred, stepping closer to Laf, who smirked. "And who might you be?"

Laf pouted playfully. "You mean John's never mentioned me? Pity, he talks about you all the time. John, darling, have you not told Alexander about your dear old Lafayette?" he asked.

John rolled his eyes. "I don't have time to flirt right now, Laf, this is due tomorrow and I need to finish it," he replied. Laf pouted for real.

Alex's face slid into an easy smile. "Ah, so you're the famed Gilbert de Lafayette? John talks about you most frequently," he grinned. "I don't believe I need to introduce myself."

Laf smiled back. "Non, you do not. It's a pleasure to meet you, Alexandre," he responded. John groaned and picked up his laptop.

Alex and Laf both sent him a betrayed look. "I'm going to visit Herc if you two are going to flirt," he threatened.

Alex scoffed. "You wouldn't. Since when are you friends with my roommate anyway?" he asked. John scoffed right back at him.

"Since you decided to keep fainting on me in class Alexander Hamilton. We go out together sometimes and complain about you," he stuck his tongue out at the offended male, who put a hand over his heart.