Jeffmads

James rolled over, groaning in annoyance when he realized that his husband wasn't there in bed with him.

Due to Thomas working from home, he called out for him. Thomas immediately came running, sitting on his side of the bed and stroking James's hair gently.

"Good morning baby boy," He murmured, leaning down to kiss James. James grumbled the same back into Thomas's mouth.

Thomas eventually pulled away reluctantly, saying, "I'm sorry baby but I have to go. I have a Zoom meeting with Hamilton and Washington and stuff today."

James groaned, sitting up. "Can't you just skip it and spend the day with me instead?" he asked, lazily wrapping his arms around Thomas's neck.

Thomas sighed, disentangling their bodies. "I'm sorry but I can't. Technically you're supposed to be there anyway though so you could sit in the room with me," he suggested.

James nodded, his forehead crumpling. "I know it's stupid but work seems to be taking you away from me even more than it did when we actually went to work," he complained.

Thomas kissed his forehead gently. "I know. It's not ideal but at least we live together. Could you imagine not being able to see me apart from over Zoom or socially distanced "walks"? " he asked, shuddering slightly.

James shook his head, pulling Thomas back down onto their bed. "No. If that were the case I wouldn't be able to live," he said honestly.

Thomas laughed deeply. "I know how you feel baby. But I've gotta go get ready for this meeting. My office is still a mess from your last, er, visit."

James smirked and got up. "Okay. See you in five," he promised. Thomas nodded, leaning across the bed, grabbing James's *cough* his *cough* shirt and kissing his husband.

"Mkay. Love you," he muttered against his lips. James smiled as he returned the kiss.

"Love you too," he mumbled. The two broke apart and Thomas sighed and left.

James frowned at his back and started getting dressed. He absentmindedly pulled on a t-shirt and some sweatpants, not being bothered to dress up for some stupid Zoom meeting.

He then walked out of his bedroom and towards Thomas' office. He poked his head around the door and grinned at his husband. Thomas stuck his tongue out at James as he threw the cloth he'd been using at him.

James ducked and popped back up with a grossed out expression. "Why would you even do that, Tommy?" he asked. "Now you've gone and gotten that wall dirty too."

Thomas rolled his eyes and pulled James into the room to kiss him. "Mmh. But you can't see that wall from the computer baby boy. It'll be fine," he teased. James grinned into his mouth.

"Mhm, if you say so,"he replied. Thomas pulled his husband onto his lap and fired up Zoom. He typed in the code thingy and the meeting started.

Alexander Hamilton was the only one they were waiting for. Unusual, since he was usually the most punctual for this sort of thing. Washington, growing impatient, asked Thomas to call him and see what the hold up was.

Hamilton picked up and spoke to Thomas grudgingly until he was asked about the meeting. "Oh shit, that was today?" he asked, the horror obvious in his voice. Thomas just laughed.

"Are you coming on then or not?" he asked. Alex muttered something away from the mouthpiece thing before replying, "Yeah, I'll be on in a minute."

Thomas hung up and reported that Hamilton would, "Be on in minute." Fortunately, he was, so the meeting started.

James got bored quickly. All that was happening was Thomas and Alex arguing and if he wanted to hear that he would just phone Alex and have the argument done in a couple of minutes.

Even Washington looked bored. "Enough. Can't you two just talk things through like sensible adults and not argue, for once? Please? I didn't even give you anything to argue about. If you don't like the plan, either of you, then argue with me. Is that understood?" he asked.

Thomas and Alexander nodded mutely. James sighed in relief as Washington closed up the meeting. "Alright that is all. I want you to finish looking over those papers I assigned each of you and, if you haven't already, hand them in to me over email. That's all. I'll see you next time."

With that, Washington ended the session. James leaned back on Thomas happily. "You already handed in the papers, right?" he asked. Thomas nodded, running his hands up James' sides.

"I sure did darlin'," he confirmed. "You wanna chill for the rest of the day?" James nodded, reaching up to kiss Thomas.

"I love you," he murmured between kisses. Thomas smiled.

"I love you more," he teased. James rolled his eyes and kissed his husband again lazily.

"Impossible. I love you most," he replied. Thomas tickled him lightly, just enough to make him squirm.

"Sure," Thomas drawled, his southern accent showing through. "I'm gonna go put my pyjamas back on. You comin'?"

James nodded, standing up. "Let's go," he said, walking towards his bedroom, Thomas right behind him.

Unsurprisingly, it took the two almost an hour to get changed because they kept getting distracted. However, they eventually set up Netflix on their TV and cuddled up together to watch The Good Place.

James looked up at Thomas and said, "Thank you." Thomas looked down at him, surprised.

"Thank you for what darlin'?" he asked. James cuddled even closer into his side.

"Just thank you for being you and being here for me. And thank you for loving me," he said.

Thomas kissed his husband on his forehead. "How could I not love you? You're perfect Jemmy," he murmured.

James just smiled. "Nah, I'm not. But thanks anyway," he said, before turning his full attention back to the screen.