Laflams

John was a demon. There was no way around it. John was a demon, from Hell. John was dating a demon too. Alexander Hamilton. And, extremely recently, he had started dating another, Marquis de Lafayette.

The townspeople John had grown up with were fond of him, that was the only reason he stayed. He was well aware that anywhere other than Charlestown, South Carolina, would shun him and he would be thrust to the outskirts of society.

The townspeople even managed to accept John's first boyfriend, Alex, although it was slightly grudging. But when John came home from a "business trip" to New York with a new demon on his arm, the townspeople drew the line.

John's father, Senator Henry Laurens, was the one nominated to go and tell his son the bad news. John, Lafayette and Alexander were sitting with tea in the sitting room when the knock came.

Seeing as Mepkin was his home, John answered the door, pleased to find his father on the doorstep. "Father," John said civilly. "Come on in."

Henry Laurens was nervous and slightly saddened. What father wouldn't be when they had to tell their son that he either had to get rid of one of his boyfriends or find a new town to stay in?

Henry came through to the sitting room where Laf and Alex waited for their lover to return. He sat in an armchair and sweated as he thought about what he had to say.

"Well, Father? What brings you here? You don't usually visit," John stated, promoting Senator Laurens to begin.

"Well, you see John," he started nervously. "Folks downtown are beginning to feel a smidge uncomfortable with this." He gestured at the three on the sofa in front of him.

John's eyebrows furrowed. "You always told me to fuck em whenever they gave me hell, why should I care about their opinions of me now?"

"They want at least one of you gone by next Tuesday, John!" Henry snapped. "They were fine when it was just you, they could accept Alexander, but bringing a third demon to Charlestown? Come on John, what were you expecting?"

"At least one of us gone by next Tuesday," John repeated slowly, his face contorting into something ugly, something that reminded Henry of the monster that lived underneath the facade of the good son. 

Lafayette was the first to offer. "Mon ange, I shall leave. Toi et Alexander étiez là en premier. I do not mind," he said bravely.

John looked as though he could burst into tears when Alex stood up too. "No, I've had my time with John, it's your turn now Laf," he told the taller man, forcing a smile on his face.

John put his head in his hands. "What if we refuse?" he asked, his voice muffled. Henry hesitated.

"If you refuse, they're going to destroy Mepkin," he explained. Both Alex and Laf gasped.

"Mon ange, we cannot let that happen. I will be the one to leave and you and mon chou can go  back to the way you were," Laf insisted.

"No, no, no! This isn't fair! I want both of you! Mepkin is merely an estate, there are dozens more like it. The townspeople can suck my dick because none of us are going anywhere," John growled, the room growing dark and stormy as he grew close to losing control.

"Mon ange, do you remember the time that Alex et moi took you ice skating? You could barely stand and we were both laughing at you because you kept falling and you were getting frustrated. Think back to that day, mon ange. Go to that happy place," Laf coaxed, Henry watching with a mix of fear and awe.

Laf's memory seemed to be helping though. The aura retreated and Henry found it slightly easier to breathe. Lad kept talking and Alex walked to his lover, rubbing his back gently and humming. Eventually, John was back to normal, a small, relatively timid boy.

He took a deep breath before saying to his father, "I stand by what I said, every bit of it. None of us are leaving. The can burn down Mepkin, they can kill us all, but I won't care as long as I have these two beside me."

Laf awwed a little and Alex squeezed his boyfriend's shoulders supportively. Henry sighed and grabbed his hat. "I had better go and tell the others. Thank you for your time Mr Laurens, Mr Hamilton and Marquis de Lafayette. Good day."

~One Week Later~

Obviously the townsfolk couldn't wait until Tuesday because early on Sunday morning they began. Holy music, priests, deacons, ministers, all gathered to "cleanse the town and the people." However, it wasn't until late that night that they began destroying John's Mepkin.

There was nothing he could do but watch as the angry, chanting crowd tore into his beloved home with a vicious glee.

Years of memories with Alex and, more recently, Laf, and all the trio's precious belongings were destroyed in moments. The mob's cruel hearts bore no empathy for the pain their actions had wrought upon John's kind soul.

It was only due to the soothing embrace Lafayette had pulled him into, that he managed not to fall apart completely.

Though humans tended to view the three's kind as cruel and perhaps even heartless creatures, the warmth and kindness they had always showed towards John, spoke of a far different truth.

John put up no struggle as Alex joined Laf and gently led him away from the scene, trusting them to bring him to safety. They would not leave John alone in his despair, not when he had been left so vulnerable and heart broken from the events of this night and the days previous.

From now on, Lafayette's old apartment in the bustling city of New York was John and Alex's own, and the two knew without question, that Laf  would never let either of them leave his protection again.