Pegbury

This is a new ship to me, but it was requested by @WErRev so here we go! I'm sorry it took so long but I spent ages trying to find a prompt or idea that fitted these two but I finally got something!

It was a Monday night, it was 11pm and the store was deserted. Samuel wasn't going to pretend that he didn't enjoy the silence of the 24 hour store he worked in, the only noise being the quiet music that played through the intercom.

He hummed along to the end of one song when another started playing. Samuel bit his lip when he recognised the opening bars of Michael Bublé's "Just Haven't Met You Yet". This song was his kryptonite and he knew it.

Seeing as he was literally the only person in the store, except from his best friend, Charles Lee, the security guard who was watching the security cameras, Samuel decided that nothing too bad could come from taking some time to vibe to his jam. (I can't take that sentence seriously)

By the time the chorus hit, the song had been turned up (courtesy of Charles) and Sam was completely lost in his favourite song. He was only pulled out of his dancing/singing daze when someone cleared their throat in amusmant in front of him.

Samuel's eyes flew open and he blushed when he saw the prettiest girl he'd ever seen staring back at him. She had curly brown hair pulled back into a ponytail and a yellow shirt that clashed with her tanned skin in the best way possible.

The girl smirked at him cockily and Sam coughed uncomfortably, suddenly looking anywhere but at her. He started scanning her items, still resolutely looking anywhere but at her, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stop himself from blushing if he did.

The girl took the items with a small, smothered giggle. Sam felt his ears burning and said in a small voice, "Your total comes to $10.56, will you be paying with cash or card?"

"Um, card," the girl replied in a relatively even tone. Sam gestured at the card reader and she tapped her card against the machine. He handed her her receipt and waited for her to leave.

The girl hesitated for a moment. "Um, I don't know if you're interested, but my name's Peggy Schuyler," she told him. "I, uh, I go to King's College, so if you, I don't know, if you ever wanna meet up again, then just ask someone there where to find the Schuyler sisters. They'll point you in the direction of at least one of my sisters and you can ask after me from there."

Samuel finally looked into her eyes and stammered out, "Why would you want me to come find you?"

The girl, Peggy, smiled shyly and replied, "I think you know why," before leaving.

Sam stated after her with a confused look on his face before yelling, "I'm here most nights and I work Wednesday afternoon shifts." When she turned around he finished awkwardly, "In case I don't come find you first."

Peggy smiled widely and waved goodbye as she left the store. Sam collapsed back in his chair, suddenly aware of why he'd just done and Charles whooped over the intercom. "Damn, Sammy got game!" he yelled, which only served to make him blush deeper.

~Time Skip~

It took a week of avoiding all contact with any of the famed Schuyler sisters at college, and ignoring Charles whenever he tried to give him advice, before Peggy Schuyler returned to the grocery store.

It was late afternoon on a Wednesday when she came in with a group of her friends. Four of the boys seemed to be together and were whispering and giggling together. A girl walked arm in arm with another male, the two talking together quietly. A third couple, two women, strolled in holding hands.

One of the boys from the group went over to Peggy and nodded in Sam's direction with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Peggy glanced over and caught Sam's gaze, both of them looking away with a blush when she did.

One of the other boys snuck over and leaned over the counter thingy, handing Sam an iced coffee. "Hey, you the guy who was jamming to that song on Monday?" he asked conspiratorially.

Sam blushed and scanned it. "So what if I am?" he challenged. "$3.99, please." The guy handed him a five and took his coffee, opening it and chugging down the contents straight away. "You-your change," Sam stuttered.

"I'm Alex, Peggy's best friend. If you hurt her I will not hesitate to hurt you," he said casually. Sam paled a little and handed off the money.

He said, "Good to know that there's going to be someone looking out for her when I inevitably screw things up."

Alex laughed and then sobered when he realised Sam was serious. "Oh my god, I'm adopting you. Laf! We're adopting another one!" he yelled to one of the other guys.

The man, Laf, Sam assumed, rushed over and cupped Sam's cheeks. "Oh mon dieu, mon chou, we have to take him," he cooed.

"Um, I'd rather you waited until after my shift?" Sam tried. Laf cooed again and gently pinched his cheek.

"Of course, mon enfant," he agreed. "Now, I will take Alex and get him to leave you alone and we will send Peggy to you, non?"

Sam squawked and hid his face in his hands. "Please either buy something or vacate the shop, sirs," Charles requested tersely from behind them. "And leave my friend alone."

Alex raised his hands playfully and backed away. "We're going, we're going. I'll see you around Samuel," he mock-saluted and sauntered away, hands in his pockets. 

The other boy rolled his eyes and followed him, catching up to him quickly and wrapping an arm around his waist. Charles gently patted Sam's head and then left to go back to his post.

Peggy finally got away from her friends and came up to him, some groceries in her arms and a bright red blush on her face. Sam blushed too and started scanning her items. 

"I'm sorry about them," Peggy blurted out. "They can be so annoying sometimes. If they've put you off me, assuming you were even into me!" she rushed to add. 

Sam blushed even darker as he replied quietly, "I am into you."

Eyes widening, Peggy looked away and stared at the ground. "Why? I'm not nearly as impressive as my sisters," she admitted.

"Impressiveness had nothing to do with my attraction to you," Sam explained. "You're nice, and you didn't make fun of me when you saw, um, that."

Peggy smiled shyly and handed him a twenty. "You're nice too. And you seem really dorky, which is really cute, and I'd really like to take you on a date if you'd let me," she rushed out.

"I'd let you," he replied eagerly. 

A bright smile appeared on Peggy's face and she asked, "Are you free tonight? At, say, seven? We could check out that new bar just off campus. If you want to, that is."

Sam nodded shyly. "I'd love to. I'll meet you there?" he offered and Peggy nodded.

Her friends were waiting outside the window, obviously bored. "I'd better go before they get themselves arrested for something or other. See you tonight?" she checked.

"See you tonight," he confirmed. 

Charles waited until she left the store to come over and yell, "Damn! Sammy's got game!" Samuel just cringed and announced that he was going for his break.

~

Hey y'all! 

It's been forever since I last updated, and I have no good reason, but here you go. This is far from my best work, but it's something. Hope it lived up to your expectations.